How to get my bullie to play more.

LilMomma

Sep 27, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
DaiseyMae
My six yr old bullie DaiseyMae is a rescue dog. She is not very playful but very loving. Any suggestions on how to get her to play more.

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
My six yr old bullie DaiseyMae is a rescue dog. She is not very playful but very loving. Any suggestions on how to get her to play more.
One thing about bullies is they do exactly what they want to do when they want to do it...so get her some toys but if she doesn't want to play it will be hard to make her....just keep loving her up[emoji7] [emoji182] [emoji190] you said she was a rescue so maybe nobody played with her so she is not used to it...she may learn to like it...be patient [emoji190] [emoji182] [emoji7] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,

We have Diva a save also , she came to us at 7 years old and was the breeders bitch so was busy all her life no idea how to play ( Diva was not a puppy mill dog ), I started with putting her on the bed and played under the cover play , so she is on top of the covers and I would put My hand under the covers lol she had never seen that ever ( never mind being on the bed ) and I was very slow at first as I learned I must be moving my hand around , i stared by slowly moving My hand around so she would pick up the motion of the hand then moved to grabbing her paw lol was a WOW moment and she was going ever since , iI introduced a knotted pull rope ( wish i never had ) she loves her pull rope , now the rope is out side of the bed in the real house action there , now I throw it down the hall or whatever and she or should I say I am putty in my hands or in her case as named Diva in her paws !

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Try to raise her spirit by acting all happy and excited about a toy. For the most part you should be able to get her to play tug-o-war. But not for any great length of time though.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
We have Diva a save also , she came to us at 7 years old and was the breeders bitch so was busy all her life no idea how to play ( Diva was not a puppy mill dog ), I started with putting her on the bed and played under the cover play , so she is on top of the covers and I would put My hand under the covers lol she had never seen that ever ( never mind being on the bed ) and I was very slow at first as I learned I must be moving my hand around , i stared by slowly moving My hand around so she would pick up the motion of the hand then moved to grabbing her paw lol was a WOW moment and she was going ever since , iI introduced a knotted pull rope ( wish i never had ) she loves her pull rope , now the rope is out side of the bed in the real house action there , now I throw it down the hall or whatever and she or should I say I am putty in my hands or in her case as named Diva in her paws !

One other thing it takes time , we have no idea as a save what they have gone thru so it takes time

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Some also love empty plastic water bottles, maybe she will like that. BeBe is 9 years old and still goes nuts for one. :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Some also love empty plastic water bottles, maybe she will like that. BeBe is 9 years old and still goes nuts for one. :)

Awww, had no idea BeBe is 9 now, give her (and all) smoochies from me.

Cami is 7 & 1/2, time flies so fast, got recent pics of her, just waiting on my
son to download them & post here, my adapter broke ;(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Since she is a rescue... she may have to learn how to play --- some of them depending on the situation they came from, never had a chance to learn .

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Our Mabel never played, and still really doesn't. She was a breeder and I doubt she ever played. :( We have had a little luck with a few toys. We usually take something soft and try to make her angry with it until she grabs it and takes over. But I will warn you--DaiseyMae may never really take to toys. Mabel will play for just a few minutes then she's done--like she doesn't "get it." It breaks our hearts. She doesn't know what she is missing.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.