Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
We finally got a sunny day...and on the weekend! Vegas was kinda antsy this morning. Going in and out all day long. We have a nice privacy fence, but Vegas and Orion have not been able to be out in the backyard without a leash. Our neighbors have a German Shepard that they leave out all the time. I've asked them twice to figure out another solution. The dog starts barking at 5am and he keeps going throughout the day. He charges the fence whenever we go into our backyard and he barks each time our dogs go out to potty. Once the GS starts barking, Orion barks back. She will run to the end of the fence and she goes nuts. She's even fallen behind the railroad ties. Their solution? They put a shock collar on the GS. So he would still bark...but also start screaming. Our solution? We only let them outside on a leash. This has been an every day thing for the last 5 to 6 months. Every since last weekend, we haven't heard their dog outside. Finally today, Vegas and Orion got to spend some time off-leash in their own backyard. It was a beautiful day out. All Vegas wanted to do was sit against the fence facing the sun. He really tried. But the little spot where he likes to sit is currently a mud puddle. He still tried to sit in it. I managed to convince him there was a another way. I pulled out some of the patio furniture and grabbed cushions out of storage. He climbed right up. Orion tried to climb onto the chair with him, but it's a one dog chair. So I repeated the process for Orion.
I even managed to snap a few photos.

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
awwww look at them taking in the sun! :heart: the pics! love how you got them out their very own chairs. :D i know my boy wanted to hang outside longer as it was warmer here but we will have a few inches of snow left.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
oh oh oh oh I love Vegas and O. They are sooooooo stunning. [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] did you ever find out what was causing O's face to get all red several months ago? I looks great now.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Both the close ups are great. O is getting so big and V, what can ya say,, what a hunka hunga ;)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Lovely pictures! I would be soooo annoyed with my neighbors if I were you!! :angry: I am glad you and the bullies finally caught a break, and on such a lovely day!

L

Lucy-licious

Vegas and Orion both look very content chillin' in the sunshine :luv:

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=676]mammyglicks[/MENTION]
No..her face is a tiny bit better...but not much. I think the shadowing hides the tear stains. I tried the hydrogen peroxide mix...but Orion made a game out of trying to eat the paste off my finger before I could apply it to her face. She did this so many times..I was afraid I would get it into her eyes. We also got a bottle of ketoconazole shampoo for the face and chin. Vegas was tested and was positive for yeast and another form of bacteria on the chin. He said since he drools and drinks water by dunking his whole face...that it might be hard to get rid of it. Also, their stew has a bit of red in the color..and if it doesn't get wiped off their chins, it stains. So, I think it's just the lighting.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
They are so adorable!!! I just love them. And you are WAYYY more patient than I am ... we had a neighbor with barking dogs. (We live in apartments that are like condos so she was right on the other side of a concrete wall.) Anyway, her two large dogs (pit mix and border collie mix) literally barked all day and ran up and down the stairs. We left her a few notes on her door (Figuring maybe she didn't realize what was going on because it didn't happen when she was home), went to the property manager, and eventually had to call animal control. These dogs were home inside ALL DAY (over 14 hours!!!) every day like this. Not fair. Any dog that barks like that needs a different kind of care - I feel the same about that poor GS next door to you!!!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
okay, is there something wrong with my eyes? I can only see Baby O's photo. There isn't one of Vegas:confused:

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Wonderful pics!! Your neighbors sound like a real pain! Everyone here has at least a couple dogs in every yard, but we all have 6 foot walls for fencing, so they can't see each other. They all bark, except ours'. We don't permit it. Otherwise I'm sure they'd be out there yapping it up with the rest of the neighborhood.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Great pics ... love the one of Vegas!!! How funny that you went and got two chairs out of storage ... our bullys are not spoiled one little bit .. absolutely not!!! :whistle:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online