You'd think I'd have shaved a Pomeranian...

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
So with giving two dogs baths and walks and such maybe I've slacked on brushing Ruckus as much as usual. I gave him a good brushing last night after his bath, which he thoroughly enjoyed -- the brushing, not the bath -- and I've never seen such a huge pile of hair. Bad picture because it was nighttime, but it looked like I had shaved a Pomeranian.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438085650.285879.jpg

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
We had a pile like that after Castor got his yearly (or so) bath a few weeks ago. We seriously discussed whether it could be used for some felting hobby project:D

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Wow. Lol. It always amazes me how much hair they shed. You wouldn't think they had that much hair, since it's so short.
I can make a new dog with all the hair I sweep up every week. If their fur could be used for something, we would be rich. Lol

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It really is amazing how much fur comes off of them, especially in the summer! :whew:

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Yeah. My girls shed a bit but the Great dane, Ralph's coat is getting better so he is not shedding as much since he has been on premium food. I know someone who shaves their dogs twice a year. Nothing uglier than a butt bald dog because someone doesn't want to dust mop their floor a few more times a week. Their coat always comes back beautiful but the first sight of them after the shave makes me sad for the poor things. They swear their vet told them to do it but I would find a new vet.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I run my Roomba every single day. Every single day the filter looks like this.

image.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
crazy --- i did Lambeau and Cheli the other day and I could have made a wig for a cabbage patch doll --- so much came off both of them

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.