KristaB026

Jul 13, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
IMG_3798.jpgIMG_3801.jpg

Has anyone else's bully mastered the keep away when playing? Bentley loves to tease you just out of reach from getting whatever he has. He then will creep closer and put his paw on you. It's like he's saying, "Go ahead you can have it." As soon as you move an inch he's jerked out of reach again! He's also awesome at wiggling his bully butt up to you so you also can't reach the toy!

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Ohhh yes, there's a lot of that going on around here!
It happens a little less with Winslow now, but when we're at the dog park and somebody THINKS he wants the ball thrown, he's all.. Drop! Pick up the ball! Wiggle! Drop! Suckaaa i got it again!

So i kind of hate when strangers try to play haha, but at home if he does drop it, and you're quick enough to tell him to wait, you stand a chance. :p

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
View attachment 89261View attachment 89262

Has anyone else's bully mastered the keep away when playing? Bentley loves to tease you just out of reach from getting whatever he has. He then will creep closer and put his paw on you. It's like he's saying, "Go ahead you can have it." As soon as you move an inch he's jerked out of reach again! He's also awesome at wiggling his bully butt up to you so you also can't reach the toy!

That is so funny, Krista! I posted a similar thread about Winnie a week or two ago! Look at my pic--exact same look on Winnie's face. In this pic she had dug an 8 lb. weight out from under my dresser because she couldn't find anything else on the floor!
image.jpg image.jpg

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
HAHAHA!! They both are cuties!

Buster is the master of the keep away game, he could literally do it for hours on end if I let him. :faint:

OP
KristaB026

KristaB026

Jul 13, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
That is so funny, Krista! I posted a similar thread about Winnie a week or two ago! Look at my pic--exact same look on Winnie's face. In this pic she had dug an 8 lb. weight out from under my dresser because she couldn't find anything else on the floor!
View attachment 89263 View attachment 89264

Oh man! I need to come to the photo spot more often. That is to funny! I just love "that" look on Bentley's face. He is such a riot to play with. I'm so much of a dork that I had a "staring contest" with him to try to distract him from the toy. I can get it from him with or with out my tricks. He alway's plays this way. The thing that gets me, is that he loves to run after whatever I throw, but he is just as happy to "tease" me with it too.

We are in the process of gutting our basement and turning it into a family room. I keep the work area very clean, so that everyone and Bentley are safe. But he has been know to carry a few hammers around. He thinks he's hot stuff!

OP
KristaB026

KristaB026

Jul 13, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Ohhh yes, there's a lot of that going on around here!
It happens a little less with Winslow now, but when we're at the dog park and somebody THINKS he wants the ball thrown, he's all.. Drop! Pick up the ball! Wiggle! Drop! Suckaaa i got it again!

So i kind of hate when strangers try to play haha, but at home if he does drop it, and you're quick enough to tell him to wait, you stand a chance. :p

I'm careful with Bentley outside because we live in Michigan. He's good to be out most of the time throughout the year. It's only overly muggy/hot a few weeks here and there. With that in mind he doesn't like to just hangout and enjoy the outdoors. He's a do my business and come back in. We play a ton indoors. I can't play fetch with him outside even if He or I wanted too- he darts to fast!

He's adopted, so he didn't get his training from me. But I don't mind. The wiggle.... drop....grab super fast...wiggle... is just to darn cute!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I love it.... he is so serious in the picture too! Lambeau is getting this down but with his obsession, orange tennis ball.... he will come over for you to take it and as soon as you reach for it he takes off behind the couch

OP
KristaB026

KristaB026

Jul 13, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
If you act like you are ignoring him when he's doing this , he has another trick. He puts his paw on you so gentle, the oy way I can describe it is a "There, There you can have it" if you try he's gone again! 2bullymama! That's funny, do you have pictures oh him with his favorite ball?

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I have played chase with Amber since she was a puppy. I tell her to get her baby and she will then I say I am going to get the baby and she takes off running all over the house. R4uby not so much but Amber is the queen of chase.

OP
KristaB026

KristaB026

Jul 13, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
I have played chase with Amber since she was a puppy. I tell her to get her baby and she will then I say I am going to get the baby and she takes off running all over the house. R4uby not so much but Amber is the queen of chase.

I love that! My mom tells her dogs to do the same thing. She has a German shepherd who is so genral with her stuffed German Shepard! We tell her to go get her puppy.

I love the names you picked for your girls to! I wouldn't have thought to use Amber!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.