Tucker has a new baby sister!

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
This is our new little Bulldog! Her name is Sophie, and she is 8 weeks old. Tucker is WILD about her. I'm hoping he will settle down soon. She likes playing with him, but he is too big and acts like a wrecking ball! Any words of wisdom?

My puppies.PNGplaying.JPGpuppy face.JPGpuppy girl.JPG

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Congratulations… she is adorable!!! It's been awhile since I've had little pups and older dogs, but we would always supervise play so that they baby wouldn't get hurt or that things wouldn't get out of hand. I would have a crate for her so that she can get some rest, pretty soon she will start driving him crazy w/her shark faze.

OP
Mom of Tucker

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Congratulations… she is adorable!!! It's been awhile since I've had little pups and older dogs, but we would always supervise play so that they baby wouldn't get hurt or that things wouldn't get out of hand. I would have a crate for her so that she can get some rest, pretty soon she will start driving him crazy w/her shark faze.

Yes, you are right. He cannot be left alone with her. He even has the potential to hurt himself, but especially little Sophie. Tucker was leaping off of my bed the first night because he was so excited. Sophie does have a crate where she sleeps. She is using those shark teeth on him now, but it doesn't faze him.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
This is our new little Bulldog! Her name is Sophie, and she is 8 weeks old. Tucker is WILD about her. I'm hoping he will settle down soon. She likes playing with him, but he is too big and acts like a wrecking ball! Any words of wisdom?

View attachment 89063View attachment 89064View attachment 89065View attachment 89066

Congratulations!!!!! So cute!

Honestly, I know it seems like they play rough, but Bulldogs are rough players. Ruckus and Regina play hard. They have what I like to call zoomie hours which entails lots of slamming into my furniture, lots of Regina shark biting all over Ruckus's jowls, and lots of Ruckus flipping Regina over and nibbling on her puppy turkey legs. They bark, they play tug o war, they steal one another's toys, all is fair in bulldog play. I supervised more when Regina was 8 weeks old because she was so tiny, but Ruckus really seemed to know that she was a tiny baby. He has ramped up his play as she has gotten bigger. You'll get comfortable with it eventually. I don't really even split up their play anymore unless she crawls under the coffee table because she hits her head and I don't like that. Just make sure there aren't any jealousy or resource guarding issues and tell Tucker "gentle" if he gets too out of hand.

Welcome to the circus! Two pups is a lot of fun and a lot of zoomie time!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
awwwwe, how cute is she! Tucker and Sopie are a wonderful pair. Congrats to you!

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Yay--you did it! They are adorable! Even though they look like, and they are, playing rough, Tucker won't really hurt her. I would just keep an eye on them. If they get too rough, correct them. Winnie and Jack played so rough--Jack is an 80+ Aussie mix and we got Winnie when she was 8 weeks old and 9 lbs. She would hop on him and chew him and he would roll her over and over. Winnie would scream and run away, but she'd immediately go back for more--she couldn't get enough! Baby bullies are really quite sturdy. When I asked my vet about the rough play, she said, "that's why puppies are made of rubber."

Anyway, you're in for a great time with those two. Congratulations!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a sweet face..... CONGRATS.... so love the picture of them 'snuggling'

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
You did it!!! Yay!! She's gorgeous! She looks a lot like Bella's friend, Po, who has similar black markings. So sweet!

image.jpg

OP
Mom of Tucker

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
What a sweet face..... CONGRATS.... so love the picture of them 'snuggling'

Thank you. They definitely were not snuggling. They were playing gently in comparison to the wild play they seem to prefer.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:congrats2::droolers::balloons:Omg Cuteness Overload, I love her colour, she is so adorable. Congratulations on your new baby. I'm sure things will settle down with time, once they get to know one another and the new phase is over, they will be the best of friends before you know it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.