What Winnie ate!

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
This morning Winnie was sucking on a stuffy. I was picking up toys and noticed one of the legs was gone. It was about the size of a chicken drumstick. I remembered that once I had a boxer who ate a tampax out of the trash and I had to make him throw it up. Of course my vet is off on Wednesdays, but I called and one of the staff said if it was her dog she would induce vomiting. So I got the hydrogen peroxide, mixed it half and half with water. I was able to pour a little down Winnie's throat, but then she started flailing around and I couldn't hold her. Hydrogen peroxide really does taste horrible!! The rest of it I got into her by soaking bread in the solution and feeding it to her (she gobbled it up). Just as I was about to call the vet in a panic that it wasn't working, she finally threw up and out came the leg! What a relief:whew:!! Another exciting day with Winnie!

OP
Donnam

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
This is what Winnie ate!

Here's a pic of my baby and a pic of what she ate after I made her throw it up. What a fun morning! :whew: image.jpg image.jpg

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Geez, that must've been a scare! I think i would've been too scared to do the hydrogen peroxide myself but I'm glad Winnie is okay now and she was able to throw up the leg. What a relief, is right!

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Geez, that must've been a scare! I think i would've been too scared to do the hydrogen peroxide myself but I'm glad Winnie is okay now and she was able to throw up the leg. What a relief, is right!

Agreed! I'd have been terrified to do that! Donna, I'm so glad you had your wits about you.

Winnie!! :whew:

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Something helpful that you might have on hand is a turkey baster. you can use that to squirt the peroxide down their throat. not the most pleasant way, but it helps :)

OP
Donnam

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Winnie! Stuffies aren't food! I hope she feels better after the vomiting.

Didn't slow her down for a second! She'll be hungry tonight for sure as her breakfast came up too! The hydrogen peroxide trick is a good thing to know. That is if you're pretty sure they've eaten something bad. It's sure better than surgery!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Re: This is what Winnie ate!

OMG.... what is it... sock? :faint:

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I have heard that the peroxide is only good in the first 90 (?) minutes because the item will still be in their belly. after that it will have moved on? anyone else heard that? I think it's good to know all of this incase I'm ever faced with the challenge you had today!!

What will winnie get into next! cute little stinker :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So happy that Winnie threw up!!(in a GOOD way) Very quick thinking on your part! This was a good lesson for us-to know it really works,if you are quick enough.
By her look in the photo, she is saying "what's the big deal?!" GOOD JOB,Mama!:up: [MENTION=13140]Donnam[/MENTION]

OP
Donnam

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I have heard that the peroxide is only good in the first 90 (?) minutes because the item will still be in their belly. after that it will have moved on? anyone else heard that? I think it's good to know all of this incase I'm ever faced with the challenge you had today!!

What will winnie get into next! cute little stinker :)

That may be true, madie4589, I haven't heard a time limit. Both times I've had to do it, I knew the thing had just been eaten so it wasn't an issue. Put it on the list of things to ask the vet next time--I will too.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.