The Blizzard of 2015 NYC.. AKA the Blizzard That Never Was..lol..

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I had to leave for a bit yesterday so Chris came home to take the boys out.

Came back just in time to get a few pics before they went upstairs. They were pooped, but man.. do they love the snow.

Oh, the first pic is of Wellie yesterday. He didn't want to go out for his early morning walk so he pretended to be sleeping. It was hysterical..lol

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Love the pictures! Wellie is a good actor,eh?! "Storm like you've never seen before!" Mayor Di Bozo (name thanks to Chumley). When I lived in N.J., we had LOTS more snow than that!!! At least the boys got to play in snow!!

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Fresh air, stretch the legs and snow cones sounds like a wonderful time. We had snow for 2 days before getting washed away now just mud would rather have snow.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Wellie looks comfortable… Lol So he will wear a coat, but Blue won't?!! I don't think any of my dogs have liked to wear clothing or costumes… Lol

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] All the other breeds of dogs that I ever had loved wearing coats! The bullies don't seem to care for it-and they also want to pull each other's coats off! They say "my way or the highway!" :ROFL: If they could feed themselves-they would probably kick me out!

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Love the pictures! Wellie is a good actor,eh?! "Storm like you've never seen before!" Mayor Di Bozo (name thanks to Chumley). When I lived in N.J., we had LOTS more snow than that!!! At least the boys got to play in snow!!

You can see Jersey in the last pic with Chris, it's right across the Hudson- they got as much snow as we did..lol.. at least that part of it.
Yeah, I don't see de Blasio being re-elected. No one likes him and I think he's a hypocrite.
But lucky for Chumley, he's not his mayor. Just ours :facepalm2:

Fresh air, stretch the legs and snow cones sounds like a wonderful time. We had snow for 2 days before getting washed away now just mud would rather have snow.

Yesterday was a great day! They had a great time and slept like babies..lol

Wellie looks comfortable… Lol So he will wear a coat, but Blue won't?!! I don't think any of my dogs have liked to wear clothing or costumes… Lol

Wellie was very comfortable. He did not want to get out of bed.
Blue will not wear a coat, booties and even hates his harness. I can't put anything on him, he goes lethargic. I don't want to put him through the hell of a jacket. :(

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
@ddnene All the other breeds of dogs that I ever had loved wearing coats! The bullies don't seem to care for it-and they also want to pull each other's coats off! They say "my way or the highway!" :ROFL: If they could feed themselves-they would probably kick me out!

You are SO right Lynn… the bullies don't even want other dogs wearing clothes!!! :rofl: Wally tries to take off Roxie's collar, harness, whatever… Lol

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
These are the best pictures!!! Love those sweet faces!! :luv: They look SO good, beautiful babies!! Makes me miss home so much.... Thank you for sharing!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great p[ictures.... Blue or Wellie that got some serious height in the second shot? Can't see their faes so not sure... but they are both beautiful!

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
These are the best pictures!!! Love those sweet faces!! :luv: They look SO good, beautiful babies!! Makes me miss home so much.... Thank you for sharing!

Thank you. Are you from the east coast originally?

Great p[ictures.... Blue or Wellie that got some serious height in the second shot? Can't see their faes so not sure... but they are both beautiful!

It's Blue. He's a very agile bulldog. You should see him jumping over the snowdrifts (the smaller ones of course..lol)
Thank you.. I love my baby bullies.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

Yes! Both of us are. My husband from the Bronx, and myself from Astoria. We moved to TX after 9/11 - but we have most our family still there so we take a trip up every year! I miss it terribly. I bet Tyson would enjoy the weather there so much better than hot as humid hell TX.

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w

Yes! Both of us are. My husband from the Bronx, and myself from Astoria. We moved to TX after 9/11 - but we have most our family still there so we take a trip up every year! I miss it terribly. I bet Tyson would enjoy the weather there so much better than hot as humid hell TX.

we were "neighbors" lol.. I love Astoria.
There's an amazing restaurant that we used to go to all the time on Ditmars- Taverna Kyclades. Then they opened a location in the city, east village.. I was so happy..lol.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[MENTION=7457]nycbullymama[/MENTION]

Taverna Kyclades!!!! Best greek food of life! That place stayed packed from the minute it opened til past closing! My husband said their seafood is some of the best he's had... gosh, I miss so many things about home. The South is so different, a whole new world, lol. I would go back tomorrow if the opportunity presented itself, my husband on the other hand, not so much. I enjoy my yearly visits, make sure to eat every single place I love, and soak it all back in... but it's never enough. I know the exact location of that pic with your boys in front of the Hudson. Thanks for sharing :blowkiss:

OP
N

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
@nycbullymama

Taverna Kyclades!!!! Best greek food of life! That place stayed packed from the minute it opened til past closing! My husband said their seafood is some of the best he's had... gosh, I miss so many things about home. The South is so different, a whole new world, lol. I would go back tomorrow if the opportunity presented itself, my husband on the other hand, not so much. I enjoy my yearly visits, make sure to eat every single place I love, and soak it all back in... but it's never enough. I know the exact location of that pic with your boys in front of the Hudson. Thanks for sharing :blowkiss:

I know right- the best greek food ever. I agree with your hubs, we always get the grilled octopus and the whole grilled sea bass. OMG, delicious.

Yep, right in front of the Hudson, Battery Park City. Very nice area.

My hubs was considering a move to Texas- his company has offices there. We were supposed to go check it out last summer (forgot where) but I backed out. I need to stay on the east coast.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
@nycbullymama

I'm totally jealous, lol. Texas is nice, don't get me wrong.....but so different, like total opposite of the city. The weather is nuts - so dang humid, I swear the first year here I thought I was gonna die, and wondered why everyone was so friendly (hahahaha).....I slowly got used to it. Well, if you're ever visiting TX, (Houston or surrounding areas) you have a friend here. Give me a shout out :) We had to post-pone our trip home bc of Tyson getting sick, etc. We're usually up there around Feb. I think we may try and do Nov this year, for my bday :)

Most Reactions