Jake's 7 months old

JakeP

May 6, 2014
Burbank CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
My fat potato turned 7 months yesterday. And I couldn't be more proud of him.

d35fac250ac4b253470f447f08367aef.jpg

He is completely house trained and such a good boy. Still training him everyday and just teaching him tricks that I think is cute and funny. The latest one is so funny. Here's how it went. He would come sniffing on the dishes when I open the dish washer every morning that it bugs the heck out of me and my hubby. My hubby would say the command "away" but I didn't train him that so obviously he would not follow. So I thought I should start to train him to stop smelling... Thereby came the command "stop smelling". I started training him first to look at me with the command "look at me". Whatever he is so focused on, once I say the command, he stops and look at me. After days and days of reinforcing the command, I added the "no smelling". I would put a treat on top is his nose and requires him to stay looking at me. Obviously being a dog, he can smell his treat! I would then say the command "no smelling". I did this for days to weeks. Now, when I say to him no smelling, I can literally see him sniffing to completely holding his breath for a few seconds. I'm so amazed!!!! I use this command when gets curious of what's in the garbage bin. When I say the command no smelling, he just walks away.

Today, I am training him to stay outside his kitchen gate when I'm doing the dishes. He does this by touching his nose on the gate "fence" or bars and waits for a treat. I'm just so amazed of how smart bullies are!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a beautiful boy,,,,, and a very smart and patient Momma! They are incredibly smart, they just choose when to do what we ask.... Stubborn. :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow he is very smart!!!! No smelling??? That's amazing!!!

He may be smart but he's got a great trainer too!

Members online

No members online now.