Butch

Mar 16, 2014
North East
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411915915.582930.jpg

Ppl are asking & telling me why she hasn't had her tail docked & should get it done

I see allot of bulldogs tail docked & some not docked, why is it that some breeders do & others don't dock tails

Some say that it's a legal to dock tails, don't know if it's true

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I don't know of any breeder who docks tails! No no no... Some are born with a nub and others with a curl, and others are longer! The only time you would do anything to a tail is if it becomes a health concern.

I love her tail! I say keep it the way it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I haven't heard of breeders docking tails either. If some unethical ones do, it's definitely not common.
I'm not sure what you're seeing, but I don't think it's docked tails?

Either way, there's nothing wrong with her tail. In fact, consider her lucky. Those of us with who have bullies with those screw tail nubs, usually have a deep tail pocket to contend with. Tail pockets get infected, and yeasty and need to be kept clean all the time.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Anybody who knows anything about englishbulldogs do not dock their tails unless they're too tight and present a health risk.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
martha 014.JPGdogsdonkeys 007.JPG Here are two of my girl's tails. The first one is a bent tight tail-but luckily no tail pocket. The second one is a longer tail-and she can wag it!! I love it and call it her "happy tail!" She also has no tail pocket! My other two 1/2 eng-one has a tight nub, and one has nothing at all! My vet told me that
some breeders DO want tails docked because people(uninformed) think that they are not supposed to have tails. I feel lucky because none of mine have tail pockets.
My vet does not believe in it-he has E. bulldogs As usual "helpful" people are giving wrong advice. The best advice about your EBD would be here first.
If it ain't broke-don't fix it! Only mess with the tail if there are infection problems.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
If you mean something like this, it's not docked. It's a corkscrew tail..lol..
Blue's is very tight and if I don't clean it properly at least once a week (usually every few days), it will get infected.

View attachment 77848 (click pic for larger image)

Wellie also has screw tail but his isn't as tight, so it's much easier to clean.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
I don't know of any breeder who docks tails! No no no... Some are born with a nub and others with a curl, and others are longer! The only time you would do anything to a tail is if it becomes a health concern.

Here here. Love your dog the way it is

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
no need to do anything... she has a cute bully butt/tail!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=11409]Butch[/MENTION], ditto on what everyone has said already. Bella's got a lovely tail!

- - - Updated - - -

If you mean something like this, it's not docked. It's a corkscrew tail..lol..
Blue's is very tight and if I don't clean it properly at least once a week (usually every few days), it will get infected.

View attachment 77848 (click pic for larger image)

Wellie also has screw tail but his isn't as tight, so it's much easier to clean.

omg, that's the cutest shot! what was he looking at that got him so intrigued and Blue didn't fall in did he? So cute!

Erick Romero

Apr 29, 2014

I agree

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
[MENTION=11409]Butch[/MENTION] Her tail is just fine, if she has no problems with it then it is Perfect, my bullie tail is longer and I don't care what anyone would say we love him and is his tail especially when he is wagging it with the whole bum wiggle going. Bella is Beautiful !

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
4b6bdc112b81c6c37686df3778d6b4c9.jpg

Chubby's tail feather...Each one is different...leave it don't hurt the baby!!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
@Butch, ditto on what everyone has said already. Bella's got a lovely tail!

- - - Updated - - -

omg, that's the cutest shot! what was he looking at that got him so intrigued and Blue didn't fall in did he? So cute!

I'm not sure what he saw, but he didn't fall in..lol..
What you don't see in the pic is my hubs standing there. I had him move over a foot for the pic..lol.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online