How did your bully adjust to a move?

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
Chubby is doing well but kept me up pretty late sniffing out every inch of his new digs...including every box or bag I moved or unpacked...he is so nosy or shall I say curious!!!;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
that is all normal.... remember bulldogs are OCD and he will need to get back into a routine. when we moved, we brought Banks to the house (being built) three nights in a row, before we moved in and just let he run around and check everything out. she settled in nicely after only two days

OP
Chubby

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]...that's good to hear because I am so tired!!!!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
When I first brought Hershey home after picking him up from [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] he was very aggressive towards Chumley..but he was stressed from a long drive and I'm sure from leaving his family and familiar surroundings. He settled down very quickly and has adapted better tha could ever be expected!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We did the same thing that Christine did, we brought them to the house before we moved in. We got the keys to the new house from the lawyer on a Friday afternoon, and my friend and I brought the cat, the dogs and the bird over to the house, and let them explore. We set up their crates up away from where all the moving in and out would be going on the next day, so they wouldn't be underfoot or stressed out. My friend and I slept over, and in the morning the guys brought the truck and moved all our stuff. It worked out well, and it did take them a few days of sniffing and exploring before they really settled down, but they were fine.

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
Poor Barkley has had to deal with a lot of moving over the past few weeks! My husband and I moved from Phoenix to Houston and are in the process of buying a house, so we're staying in a hotel until then. We've had to stay at 3 different hotels so far, now we're in the last one until we move into the house. Each time we go to a new room he just sniffs a little and checks it out but seems happy and excited. He seems to always love new people/places/things so I knew he would be fine with everything.

Barkley has been so great the whole time, he loves getting attention from everyone at the hotels when we take him out. I'm working remote from the hotel room so I'm with him all the time and he seems to be fine with everything! I'm sure he will be super happy though when we finally get into the house and he has room to play and a yard again!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We have moved several times with our bullies, and they always did very well, always curious to check everything out. The last time we moved, our house has hardwood floors and BeBe did not like them what so ever and stayed in her room for about a week. We had to make her come out just to got potty. She finally got used to them and is fine now.

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (11/3/09 - 8/4/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
[MENTION=11185]Chubby[/MENTION] you read my mind! I almost did a thread asking this same question! I have a feeling Tank will be the same way :nervous:

OP
Chubby

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
[MENTION=3189]boomsboo[/MENTION]...Chubby is doing well but I can tell he is still a little concerned about what's going on...I happened to have the whole week off so I was able to give him some extra TLC...but I'm sure Tank will be okay just extra sensitive if he is anything like Chubby...♡♡♡♡

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
@boomsboo...Chubby is doing well but I can tell he is still a little concerned about what's going on...I happened to have the whole week off so I was able to give him some extra TLC...but I'm sure Tank will be okay just extra sensitive if he is anything like Chubby...♡♡♡♡
I am already stressing about the same thing!!!! Bocephus is freaking out about Momma packing up the house here and I haven't even found our new place in Nevada yet! Just getting our home now ready to show has been unsettling for him and he has tantrums a few times a day

OP
Chubby

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
[MENTION=5523]Bulldozersma[/MENTION]...Chubby is a little fussy but I have been trying to give him extra attention now that we are moved in but it will probably take much longer than usual to unpack but that's okay with me as long as all my babies are comfy!!! He is chewing my Nike's as we speak but I don't care because he is happy♡♡♡♡

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
@Bulldozersma...Chubby is a little fussy but I have been trying to give him extra attention now that we are moved in but it will probably take much longer than usual to unpack but that's okay with me as long as all my babies are comfy!!! He is chewing my Nike's as we speak but I don't care because he is happy♡♡♡♡

I feel the same way! I'm going out to Nevada in a week or so to continue looking for a new perfect home for my bulldog baby (and my shoes). It's a six hour drive when I finally move him out there, already stressing about it. Bocephus is being extremely bratty with the packing - I currently am sporting a black eye and a cut across my nose from a head butt last night

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I feel the same way! I'm going out to Nevada in a week or so to continue looking for a new perfect home for my bulldog baby (and my shoes). It's a six hour drive when I finally move him out there, already stressing about it. Bocephus is being extremely bratty with the packing - I currently am sporting a black eye and a cut across my nose from a head butt last night

That OCD in him... He knows something is up

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That OCD in him... He knows something is up
I know, and I'm still in the showing the house part of the move. He is spending a lot of kennel time for time outs - throwing temper tantrums and trying to be dominate.

I want to comfort him through the process, I know it'll take a little while UGGGHHHH

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.