Pictures from the past... and a story.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I looked through my hard drive yesterday and found old photos from when I first moved to South Africa. My husband had Pit-bulls and they were all wonderful, such a loving breed. Sadly the male got killed by a black mamba snake, I was heartbroken, couldn't even imagine something like that happen.

One day when we weren't home the two females started a fight and one of them almost got killed:'( The 6th picture is after Nikki had her skin transplant, she was in hospital for 2 weeks before her operation and when she came home I had to change her bandages twice a day, my knees still get weak thinking about it:( Her legs were all messed up, but still she let me work on her, she looked at me with loving eyes and never showed any aggression towards me even though it must have hurt really bad. After about a week or maybe two I just couldn't anymore, I decided on a skin transplant and it was the best decision ever, she recovered completely:) Happy, they other female got to move to our neighbor that didn't have any dogs as she was always looking for trouble and reasons to fight with Nikki.

When we moved to a different house Nikki stayed with one of my husbands friends that also lived with us, we thought it would be for the best, she gets to stay where she's used to be and with a person that sees her as his anyway. He still has her and I know she's very loved, she's probably more spoiled with him since she's his only dog:)

It saddens me to see these pictures though, Boeboe LOVED Nikki so much<3 I remember when Nikki was recovering, Boeboe got a new toy and she went to where Nikki was sleeping and put it next to her and pushed the toy towards Nikki with her nose as if she was saying -"Here Nikki, I wan't you to have this", my heart melted<3

Once they were all such good friends, I don't know how things could go so wrong:'(

IMG_0381.jpgIMG_0418.jpgIMG_0435.jpgIMG_0438.jpgIMG_0452.jpgIMG_0679.jpgIMG_0695.jpgIMG_0718.jpgIMG_0774.jpgIMG_0776.jpgIMG_0778.jpgIMG_0800.jpgIMG_0802.jpgIMG_1331.jpgIMG_1359.jpgIMG_1366.jpgIMG_1373.jpgIMG_1417.jpgIMG_2064.jpgIMG_1418.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I can't see the first 6 pictures on my phone for some reason but I love all the pictures I can see! Does Boeboe still get to see Nikki every once in a while?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION], I uploaded the pictures again and now they show I think:)

We had to move to a different town so sadly Boeboe and Nikki haven't gotten together since then:(

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Those are really beautiful pictures..i love the first one..They look like they love each other so much!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
That's a lovely story, Petra. Makes me teary-eyed. Your animals are all so loved and well taken care of and that's what matters the most even tho BoeBoe and Nikki aren't together anymore.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Beautiful photos-and all the dogs are so pretty.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What wonderful pictures.... love them! It is good to know you still are able to keep in touch with your pitties... at least you know they are safe and loved

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
The last photo is so beautiful! They all are. Even though I know you.....I always like to know you better. Thanks for sharing Petra.

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
The last photo is so beautiful! They all are. Even though I know you.....I always like to know you better. Thanks for sharing Petra.

Thank you:) This was such a difficult time, everything was new and I was home alone a lot. I don't think things could have turned out different though, what happened was just meant to be and we've been able to help and re-home other dogs along the road, which we couldn't have done keeping the Pit-bulls. I do believe they are happy where they are now, they're better off split up in their own homes, there wouldn't have been peace keeping them together. Still it's hard, finding these pictures brought up lots of memories, good and bad:(

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They are some beautiful babies.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
You have Beautiful Babies, I can tell they were all Loved so Much. Thank You for sharing your Beautiful Memories of your 4 Legged Love Ones.

Most Reactions