Chumley and Hershey

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
As a lot of you know the first introduction didn't go so well for the two..which really surprised me because Hershey is so laid back...he had a very stressful day though so im sure he was a little out of sorts. Ive never been in the situation of trying to introduce two dogs into the same house but from the feedback everyones giving it seems like we are ahead of the game. They spent the night in the same room with very few problems...chumley on one side of the bed and Hershey on the other(the only thing that bothers me was Hershey was on chums usual side on his blanket. I thought if there was going to be any problem it would be the opposite but Chum seems to be submitting to Hershey. 90% of the time they ignore each other but when they come face to face Hershey gets riled up. Chum backs right down and walks away...I feel like a parent who's kid is being bullied lol! I'm like "Chum stand up for yourself man!" Aside from the compatibility issue (WHICH I REALLY THINK IS GOING TO BE GONE VERY SOON! :)) Hershey is an absolute dream! He is very well behaved and loves everybody. I brought him carefully over to a few kids in the house and he immediately took to them licking their faces. What a relief! Rick told me just let him out the door and say Go Potty and he does. It worked like a charm!..Chums bathroom walks are a 25 minute event..Hershey just runs outside does his business and hes back inside in 2 minutes! No accidents in the house at all yet! I was stressing last night but the more im learning about integrating dogs the better i feel as they really are ok the majority of the time. Things are going fine! Hes a lovable little guy and They'll be best buddies real soon Im sure! Heres a few pictures! 2014-07-03 09.49.08.jpgchumhersh (1).jpgchumhersh (2).jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
awesome.... I think you'll need a bigger blanket/pad on that side of the bed now --- just sayin' ;)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow I love the pictures!! I bet they will be best buds in no time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Aww I'm so glad to see this thread… I know that everything is going to work out fine. Jim, you are doing a wonderful job w/Hershey… I'm sure they will be best buds in NO time!!!:w00t:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Cool, they looks great together. I hope they will continue to get along, and become buds soon.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww they are so cute together, I'm sure with time and patience they'll be best buds before you know it.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Sounds like everything is going great. Chum is not suffering from submission and I'm sure Hershey will calm down when he is 100% comfortable. Right when they are face to face, Hershey is probably trying to figure out why Chum doesn't look like Gizmo :(. I say if they are compatible 90% of the time so soon, you are in the clear.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Fantastic update -boys look great together x its not easy at first but im sure everything will work itself out x

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
That is great news Jim. I have to agree. Get a bigger bed for your side and they will probably share it.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Jim...I think Chum is being a gentleman and gets that Hershey is unsettled.
Most likely, there will come a 'smack down' and Chum will assert himself and
his rights. Try to stay calm on that day, it'll probably look & sound worse than
it is. However, they may bond BEFORE it happens and settle things that way.
I'm very (happily) surprised they are doing so well so quick...good job!

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Lets here it for the boys and hope they pick up each others good habits, Chum is very gracious wonder when it will kick in that this is forever. So glad it is working out it means a lot, to so many, as odd as that sounds. And then there are those that envy the fact that some of you have more than one Bully, me included. Best of all we are there for each other and that is a feel good position.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.