Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brie sends hello n hugs to everyone!

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Brie sends hello n hugs to everyone!

Hey welcome back!! Brie is beautiful as ever!
    My smooshy face boy!

BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Brie is such a cutie pie! What great pictures!
    Happiness is a warm bulldog!

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

Thank you all! It is great yo be back we have missed you lovely lot of ppl. Now, I need help. Brie is beautiful n sends hugs to you all. But...she has become aggressive toward my 9 yo. She has snapped at him several times, 1 time for trying to get his bone out for her from under the couch, another for trying to get a piece of kibble for her that fell under the couch. She growls at him she. He holds her good bowl n if he tells her to wait she goes after him. She growled at him yesterday when she was trying to climb up on me n he came over to let her. The worst was 3 days ago. He was I'm guessing annoying or teasing her by chasing her w a small remote cat. I told him to stop by the didn't right away. When he did stop, he laid down in the floor w his toy. She was across the room from him watching. She growled n ran at him, lunging n bit him on the head. We had yo take him to the ER and he needed staples to close the sound. It was very deep. Thankfully on the near n not face. So, I'm going back to square one. No privileges for her, placement training, prong collar heel, sit, stay and having Kyan do the training w her as well several times a day. He is to never be on the blood when she is free, always to let her slowly and always be above her. I'm not having him feed her again until things settle. I feel at a loss. I think she has claimed me and he has annoyed her enough over the past year that while she loves him, he is beneath her and a litter mate. He did put his hands In Her bowl when she was a puppy. But it was always me feeding her, sitting w her, petting her training her etc.no,us, I think I elevated her bu allowing her on the couch n bed w me too early? Before he had a chance yo establish himself perhaps? I funny. Any thoughts would be appreciate. The thought of giving her up is not an option for me, I must make this work. But I can't have her doing this to my son. Help please!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Brie sends hello n hugs to everyone!

Oh no that sounds like no fun! Need to nip this in the bud and fast before he gets seriously hurt. Maybe have him had feed her the meals to establish that he controls her food and therefore above her? Obviously this will need right supervision. Make her do trucks for him , then she gets a few kibbles at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lisabear123 View Post
    Thank you all! It is great yo be back we have missed you lovely lot of ppl. Now, I need help. Brie is beautiful n sends hugs to you all. But...she has become aggressive toward my 9 yo. She has snapped at him several times, 1 time for trying to get his bone out for her from under the couch, another for trying to get a piece of kibble for her that fell under the couch. She growls at him she. He holds her good bowl n if he tells her to wait she goes after him. She growled at him yesterday when she was trying to climb up on me n he came over to let her. The worst was 3 days ago. He was I'm guessing annoying or teasing her by chasing her w a small remote cat. I told him to stop by the didn't right away. When he did stop, he laid down in the floor w his toy. She was across the room from him watching. She growled n ran at him, lunging n bit him on the head. We had yo take him to the ER and he needed staples to close the sound. It was very deep. Thankfully on the near n not face. So, I'm going back to square one. No privileges for her, placement training, prong collar heel, sit, stay and having Kyan do the training w her as well several times a day. He is to never be on the blood when she is free, always to let her slowly and always be above her. I'm not having him feed her again until things settle. I feel at a loss. I think she has claimed me and he has annoyed her enough over the past year that while she loves him, he is beneath her and a litter mate. He did put his hands In Her bowl when she was a puppy. But it was always me feeding her, sitting w her, petting her training her etc.no,us, I think I elevated her bu allowing her on the couch n bed w me too early? Before he had a chance yo establish himself perhaps? I funny. Any thoughts would be appreciate. The thought of giving her up is not an option for me, I must make this work. But I can't have her doing this to my son. Help please!
    Great plan... she goes back to basics and he must be fully a part of the training and he should feed her. You stay with her and he places her bowl on the floor, once he moves away HE should release her to the food, not you. also, she should not be on the furniture until all this is back in place and your son is comfortable being 'above her' and you feel the same. Lisa, it will take time, but is totally doable.

use the nothing in life is free technique, it is easy enough for your son to follow and we all know it works.

BEST OF LUCK... keep us posted and I am sending many prayers and positives thoughts to you
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

@2BullyMama when he holds the bowl she growls at him. He put it down n told her to wait..she growled n went after him. I was going to put the prong collar on w leash n correct her. Is that good idea?

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@2BullyMama when he holds the bowl she growls at him. He put it down n told her to wait..she growled n went after him. I was going to put the prong collar on w leash n correct her. Is that good idea?
    yes, until she is back in line, i would keep her on leash so you can easily correct and/or stop her, better control till she knows he behavior is unacceptable
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

you dont have to use a prong collar i hate those barbaric things, just a regular collar just so that she knows whose boss

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    you dont have to use a prong collar i hate those barbaric things, just a regular collar just so that she knows whose boss
    The trainer recommended it for her to get her in line. I'm very careful w it and it's so strange how when it is on she is under control. Like a diff dog. The plan is to use it during training and feeding w Kyan. Most of the placement training so and of course at night I use her reg collar. I'm trying to use it as little as possible, but it does help.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

Brie is Beautiful Bully.

Real Name
    Yvette
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mia aka Mia Amor (My love)
    Likes (Received)

Brie is gorgeous and I see she loves xbox me too love that. So cute in love.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Welcome back Lisa and Brie. Brie is beautiful.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads