I have to be in time out because I think biting is a good way to get attention......

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Bocephus is spending a lot of time in his time out the last few nights because he has decided that jumping on Mama and biting me is a good way to get attention. Is this just the brat phase???? He just turned 9 months old. He thinks my arm should be in his mouth, he's not hurting me, I think he is just acting out when I'm on the phone or on my computer. Suggestions are welcome!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 158

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
It might be a bratty phase - lilly and Shy went a bit silly at around this age - so i had to go "back to basics" to remind them what is acceptable what isnt ;-)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Ftse went through this too at around the same age, and I had to put a stop to it

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We didn't go through this phase with our guys, and maybe it's because they are siblings and litter mates, so have always played with each other, and play bit each other. But I have read that this is a phase that they can go through around this age. I have also heard that they go through a terrible two phase, but so far I haven't seen it, so don't know if that's true.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Bocephus is spending a lot of time in his time out the last few nights because he has decided that jumping on Mama and biting me is a good way to get attention. Is this just the brat phase???? He just turned 9 months old. He thinks my arm should be in his mouth, he's not hurting me, I think he is just acting out when I'm on the phone or on my computer. Suggestions are welcome!!!!!
This is what everyone here told me was "the terrible two's" stage. I know Bocephus isn't two yet but this is when Brutus went through it too. Brutus overnight went nuts. It seemed to last a few months, but the only thing that helped us was walking brutus or making sure he had some kind of exhausting exercise every single day. I would take him in the yard an play fetch forever. It really helped. Good luck!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Sounds like the bratty phase. Harlea did the same thing onpy to my wife between the ages of 6 to 9 months and onpy when she was on the phone.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
yep.... being a little rebelious brat! Smack some back to basics training his way and he will get right back in line

OP
Bulldozersma

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
He is really just being a brat. Terrible twos is the perfect description. Thanks guys!! He calms down immediately once I put him in his play pen but after a couple hours, he'll do it again. Right now I can't spend too much time outside with him since it's so hot but I've been trying to get him some exercise inside. We go up and down the stairs multiple times - he gets some exercise and I get some clothes put away.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh I agree w/the gang… whenever my bullies would get in this phase, it's time for basic training. Also wear his butt out… a tired puppy doesn't have time to get into shark mode… Lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online