Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
Hi, I love Dozers underbite, so cute. Everyone is right, they can change so much as they are growing, and up to a year old. My Dozer also has a very prominent underbite. He didn't develop this until he was 5 months old and he had a growth spurt. When I brought him home at the age of 10 weeks old, he didn't have any underbite. The vet told me he has a pretty severe underbite, and it's considered a genetic defect. When she checked him further, we realized that his top and bottom teeth don't meet properly, which causes him to eat slower than his sister, and he is congenitally missing a couple of lower molars. He also cannot close his mouth proberly, so his tongue hangs out all the time. I could have taken him back to the breeder and got another puppy or my money back, but I would never consider this, I had bonded with him, and I love his underbite, I think he looks so cute with it, and God made him like that. I think it gives him character. I did phone the vet though just to let him know that Dozer had this genetic defect, to make him aware of it, and hopefully he would stop breeding the particular dog with this defect.

Here are some pictures of my Dozers underbite:

Your Dozer is a good looking boy Monica and that underbite suits him very well! Oh and thank you for that last picture when I opened your post and saw that I was immediately ROTF!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi, I love Dozers underbite, so cute. Everyone is right, they can change so much as they are growing, and up to a year old. My Dozer also has a very prominent underbite. He didn't develop this until he was 5 months old and he had a growth spurt. When I brought him home at the age of 10 weeks old, he didn't have any underbite. The vet told me he has a pretty severe underbite, and it's considered a genetic defect. When she checked him further, we realized that his top and bottom teeth don't meet properly, which causes him to eat slower than his sister, and he is congenitally missing a couple of lower molars. He also cannot close his mouth proberly, so his tongue hangs out all the time. I could have taken him back to the breeder and got another puppy or my money back, but I would never consider this, I had bonded with him, and I love his underbite, I think he looks so cute with it, and God made him like that. I think it gives him character. I did phone the vet though just to let him know that Dozer had this genetic defect, to make him aware of it, and hopefully he would stop breeding the particular dog with this defect.

Here are some pictures of my Dozers underbite:

What cracks me up about this is that many people WANT the underbite/toofies and get disappointed when their bullies don't have it. Only one if my bullies has a deep underbite and I must admit I'm a sucker for it too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
View attachment 73168

My Dozer is just about six months old and the past week or so he is showing the start of an under bite. the past week it was just the six incisors poking out but yesterday both right and left canine were poking out as well.

Adorable toofies!!!

OP
B

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
Nope. She's just big! She was 48.6 lbs as of last week. She's going to be huge!

Wow I would have never guessed she was that big and only six and a half months old. She will be a big girl but that's cool, just that much more of her to love on.

foxy131

Feb 15, 2014
Wow I would have never guessed she was that big and only six and a half months old. She will be a big girl but that's cool, just that much more of her to love on.

Haha, definitely. She's my big baby. She still thinks she weighs the 8lbs she was when we brought her home...and still tries to crawl all over is. It's not cute (well, not AS cute) anymore, it hurts!

TRubble1

Mar 5, 2014
Dozer is a complete cutie and I love the underbite. Rubble is six months old, 40.5 lbs and he also has a pretty pronounced underbite. He loves to show his toofies also.
e7abaham.jpg

foxy131

Feb 15, 2014
Dozer is a complete cutie and I love the underbite. Rubble is six months old, 40.5 lbs and he also has a pretty pronounced underbite. He loves to show his toofies also.
e7abaham.jpg

So cute!!! I love all the underbites!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.