Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
IMG_1716 (800x450).jpg

My Dozer is just about six months old and the past week or so he is showing the start of an under bite. the past week it was just the six incisors poking out but yesterday both right and left canine were poking out as well.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Their jaw and head can change several times, while they are growing, up to three years of age.

OP
B

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
Their jaw and head can change several times, while they are growing, up to three years of age.

Does that mean he might lose the under bite all together or go the other way and get worse?
An under bite on the older guys gives character but on my young Dozer it looks a little funny.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
But he's sooo cute!!! It does give him character...a funny looking character ;) lol.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He will more than likely keep it, but it could get worse or better, too young to tell yet.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
awe. I love it.... look at the teefers!! Nitschke had the underbite from when you got him at around 6 months..... Banks very rarely shows any teeth at all

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
David's right it can change, Vegas use to have his teefers showing all the time, then not so much, now it is on and off, Love Dozer's picture!

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
What a cutie..I love the underbites.We call them Chiclets( like the gum pieces), sorry about the spelling.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Dozer looks amazing w/all his teefers showing!!! Lol :p

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
What a sweet face Dozer has. As every one has said, he is still growing, it will change - no telling how but he's just a gorgeous boy in the meantime!!!!

foxy131

Feb 15, 2014
I love it!! I took a pic of Lola's underbite this morning because it's starting to get some prominent!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403577491.782614.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I love Dozers underbite, so cute. Everyone is right, they can change so much as they are growing, and up to a year old. My Dozer also has a very prominent underbite. He didn't develop this until he was 5 months old and he had a growth spurt. When I brought him home at the age of 10 weeks old, he didn't have any underbite. The vet told me he has a pretty severe underbite, and it's considered a genetic defect. When she checked him further, we realized that his top and bottom teeth don't meet properly, which causes him to eat slower than his sister, and he is congenitally missing a couple of lower molars. He also cannot close his mouth proberly, so his tongue hangs out all the time. I could have taken him back to the breeder and got another puppy or my money back, but I would never consider this, I had bonded with him, and I love his underbite, I think he looks so cute with it, and God made him like that. I think it gives him character. I did phone the breeder though just to let him know that Dozer had this genetic defect, to make him aware of it, and hopefully he would stop breeding the particular dog with this defect.

Here are some pictures of my Dozers underbite:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 157
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 174
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg