cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
On this Memorial Day, I spent the day at my cousin Howard's house. He invited me and specifically asked that Tate and Finn come along too. Of course, when anyone (friends or family), invites my boys, I'm pretty darn thrilled.

I had a great time seeing all my family members and Tate and Finn got all gussied up for the get together:

IMG_6729.jpgIMG_6696.jpg

Howard and his family have 3 horses and here's Tate meeting Charlie for the very first time:

IMG_6705.jpg

and curiously looking into the ring:

IMG_6701.jpg
As two of the horses galloped around the ring for their daily exercise, Tate and Finn both would get very excited and start barking at them. Tate even ran towards the ring, trying to get close to them as you can see from these pics:

IMG_6712.jpgIMG_6713.jpg

It was at this time that because Tate may have been aggravating the horse that I heard a very loud "WHACK!". My brother was yelling at me to grab Tate b/c he said the horse's hoof just missed kicking Tate in the face! I rushed over to get Tate the hell out of there and checked to see that he was okay. Thankfully, he was fine but I was a nervous wreck. Just a few minutes after this incident, Tate again rushed the fence and this time got into the ring. I was frantically yelling for him to come back, ran into the ring, grabbed him by the harness and hauled his a$$ out of there! I swear, I needed some hard liquor by then!

After that, I made sure to keep Tate far away from the ring, held onto his harness firmly, and we watched the horses from a distance!
IMG_6722.jpg

and here's my Finn telling his momma to "just relax and smell the roses"...everything turned out okay :heart:

IMG_6710.jpg

Hope everyone had lovely Memorial Day Weekend :)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holy smokes!!!!!! I would have been wreck! This is great, Tates a brave boy!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
OMG! Scary!! But great pictures. Here is a :beer: for you!

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Tate is fearless! Lol what a brave boy! Good thing nothing bad happened to him. How come Finn didnt go greet the horses?

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate is fearless! Lol what a brave boy! Good thing nothing bad happened to him. How come Finn didnt go greet the horses?

Good question. Finn likes to act like a tough cookie but deep down he was a little more spooked by the horses than his brother was. Finn was definitely barking up a storm on the sidelines though!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8944]dieMuttivonBifi[/MENTION], all my relatives were amazed at Tate's fearlessness too. That boy must've thought the horses were some very big "dogs" that he wanted to play with in the ring!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Lol, that must have been scary, and thank goodness Tate is okay, that could have been way more dangerous, if the horse had decided to run at Tate. He wanted a new playmate. Looks like everyone had a great time. I hope you enjoyed your Memorial Day with your family.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Scary for sure but otherwise it sounds like they had a great time.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
YeeeHaw, sounds like Tate and Finn has a very adventureous day there Henny. Tate was quite the curious one I see. Loved he picture and Finn had the right idea - sometimes you just gotta stop what you're doing and smell the roses. So......how much did you drink after Tate getting into the ring? :yikes:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Great pictures Henny… the boys look fantastic!!! I can't believe TATE, OMG I would of had a heart attack as well… :eek: Remember that video I posted of the bullies chasing a bear? These guys are fearless… I hope the rest of your weekend was restful… LOL

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I see that Tate and Finn were dressed as Cowboys, with their bandanas on! I guess Finn was expecting to RIDE!! So glad that they didn't get hurt. Hope the rest of the day was happy-I guess you didn't have enough to drink:partytime:-don't see pictures of YOU on the horse!! drunk.jpg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.