Spoiling our girl before her spay...

foxy131

Feb 15, 2014
We're letting out little girl cuddle in bed with us tonight. She is scheduled to get spayed in the morning and we're very nervous! Had. Good conversation with the vet this evening, but I'm going to be a wreck tomorrow waiting to hear how everything went and pick her up!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400206516.004056.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola McWigglebutt, Bruno (1996-2007)
I hope all goes well!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

drmom89

May 14, 2014
This could be my girl Jammy, except she was only half this size when she got spayed!
mama4aga.jpg

drmom89

May 14, 2014
It will all be over and you'll have the day to cuddle her sleepy little self tomorrow too

OP
foxy131

foxy131

Feb 15, 2014
I know it will be over and she'll be fine. But it's still nerve wrecking!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How did everything go today?

OP
foxy131

foxy131

Feb 15, 2014
Everything went well! The vet said she was sleeping in the crate and when she heard out voices, she immediately woke up and wanted out.

Now she's home and refuses to lie down and rest! She wants to jump on the couch and play.

She's now in the cone of shame!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400291269.066953.jpg

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, just reading your post now, I'm so glad she had her surgery and everything went well, now you can relax. We worry so much about our babies. I hope her recovery is quick and easy, our female Blossom, was the same after her spay surgery, full of energy and she jumped off the side of the couch the very first night home. You would never know she had surgery, that's the hardest part keeping them quiet, and not letting them jump up and down things. Poor baby has to wear the cone of shame. My vet didn't put one on Blossom or Dozer after their surgeries, she said it wasn't necessary because they couldn't reach that area. You can also get the soft cones if the rigid ones are bothering her. It may be a little more comfortable for her. I hope she feels better soon. Please keep us posted on how she's doing.

OP
foxy131

foxy131

Feb 15, 2014
We had to go this one after we got home. The one the vet sent her home with didn't fit great. The vet said it was almost too small for her neck, but the next size up would have been HUGE. The one they sent us home with already had a huge circumference. She can reach her sutures, so I'd rather be safer than I have to be. But 2 weeks!!! Ugh, I don't know how we're going to make it!!

We just put her to bed. She's not happy. She's so restless and can't get comfortable. 😞

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Glad all went well !!!! It is always a worry when they have surgery ! Poor thing !! Yes hardest part is keeping the quiet. Hope your beautiful girl recovers quickly.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We had to go this one after we got home. The one the vet sent her home with didn't fit great. The vet said it was almost too small for her neck, but the next size up would have been HUGE. The one they sent us home with already had a huge circumference. She can reach her sutures, so I'd rather be safer than I have to be. But 2 weeks!!! Ugh, I don't know how we're going to make it!!

We just put her to bed. She's not happy. She's so restless and can't get comfortable. 

She can reach her stitches!!! That is impressive for a bully..... glad it all went well, hope you all got some sleep

OP
foxy131

foxy131

Feb 15, 2014
Not all of the stitches, but I think she can reach some on the end of the incision.

We got some sleep, but were up every few hours checking on her. I don't think she slept much with that thing around her neck. She laid in bed or sat up in bed, but I don't think she actually "slept."

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.