Question about walking

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
So we love in Ga and right now we have 90F outside. Diesel loves to go for car rides and go for walks but I am so paranoid and don't want him to go anywhere. Roxy will get upset if any other dog goes for a walk and she doesn't so she is fine.

Anyhow I feel bad now since I don't take them anywhere right now. I will take them once in week maybe to pick up my son from school but that's it. Is it bad??? I don't think they could go far in this heat anyways.
Diesel loves to go so bad that I think he would push till he falls.

Should I try to walk him a little bit??? Or is the back yard ,sprinkler time, playing with kids etc enough in this heat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Julzz9170

Apr 15, 2014
New jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fatso, Romeo
Does it get cooler in the evening? I live in nj and in the summer months I usually wait until the sun goes down to walk my boys

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You can walk them early in the morning when it is still cool, or late in the evening when it cools down. As far as the car ride goes, as long as you have A/C in the car, it should be no problem.

OP
chaygirl79

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
Ok I just reread my post. I apologize for rambling and the spelling. I was half asleep and I guess my phone autocorrected stuff hahaha

As far as cooler temperatures. The evenings are the hottest here. We still have 80 at 9 pm! However today its cooler but rainy and my dogs won't go out at all lol.
My mornings are very busy but now since school will be out in a week I might just tell my 12 year old to walk them early . Thanks!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We do not do walks in the summer heat... too much on banks so we do yard time with a baby pool or sprinkler

OP
chaygirl79

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
I took him for a ride today and he was so proud! I feel like a bad mama not wanting to walk them in this heat. I have storing let's in daily and also a baby pool for my almost 3 year old skin boy plus roxy loves to jump on the trampoline. Diesel on the other side is one of those bullies where he will go and go till he fells down!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.