my new bulldog puppy

Kathy Henry

Dec 10, 2013
Aurora, IL
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Pugsley
I'm picking up my puppy on Saturday! I"m so excited and also kinda nervous as this is my first dog. I think he's so beautiful, although I may be biased.
pugsley.jpg

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Nope, he is beautiful. Welcome to EBN. A bully for a first doggie might be a little overwhelming so jump right in and ask any question or voice any concerns. We are all here to help you and your new baby.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
He IS beautiful! Best of luck with your baby! First dog, eh? Get ready for the ride-ha!ha! Patience and persistence is what it takes-and lots of non-edible toys!

OP
K

Kathy Henry

Dec 10, 2013
Aurora, IL
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Pugsley
His name is Pugsley. I imagine I will have a lot of questions. I think I'm ready though. I"ve read 4 dog training books and 3 bulldog books. I"ve been practicing training with my boss's dogs as well as my friend's. I've also gone to 3 bulldog meetups so I can interact with them and get to know more about the breed. I've bought just about every kong toy I could find as well as several others that were recommended on here. I"ve gone and observed at obedience classes at 2 different dog training schools. I've done all I can think of to prepare. I hope it all goes well.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
His name is Pugsley. I imagine I will have a lot of questions. I think I'm ready though. I"ve read 4 dog training books and 3 bulldog books. I"ve been practicing training with my boss's dogs as well as my friend's. I've also gone to 3 bulldog meetups so I can interact with them and get to know more about the breed. I've bought just about every kong toy I could find as well as several others that were recommended on here. I"ve gone and observed at obedience classes at 2 different dog training schools. I've done all I can think of to prepare. I hope it all goes well.

Enjoy your bully 😄
There are like no other breed of dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You sound well prepared!! Congratulations! He is a super cutie, I love that name it's perfect. :welcome: to EBN!

OP
K

Kathy Henry

Dec 10, 2013
Aurora, IL
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Pugsley
Thanks Davidh. I have actually read that already. I"ve read just about every article on this site : ) I have spent the last 3 weekends puppy-proofing the house. I"ve secured all cords, removed all breakables, moved house plants, emptied my bottom 2 shelves in my bookcase, installed gates, and probably more. My husband just needs to learn to put his shoes away and I think that's it! I"ve spent the last 6 months preparing for this. I would describe myself as a calm and patient person and have learned how to be careful with my other smaller/ more fragile pets. I think I can do this (or that's what I keep telling myself, its all about confidence right).

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Pugsley is super adorable and you've done due diligence in preparing
for him coming home. Just relax, Honey, and have FUN with him. There
is nothing like a bullie baby to teach you how to live life to the fullest ;)
Their puppyhood goes by way too fast, it'll be great~Congratulations!

Welcome to EBN and you know we love pics, lots of pics~GOD bless you!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Hes beautiful ;-) i cant wait for more pictures xx

4flowers

Mar 21, 2014
NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Tyler
Too cute!!!! Congrats and good luck!! Life definitely won't be boring Lol

chaygirl79

Mar 12, 2014
GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Roxy
Oh wow what a doll!!! So cute!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
He sure is a cutie!! And it sounds like you've really done your homework, the best part is coming to EBN so much useful info and everyone is SO nice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.