Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 13

Thread: Commands

  1. #1
    Drool Catcher Sophatp's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    248
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Leonidas
    Likes (Received)
    34

    Default Commands

    I brought Leo home 6weeks ago from the breeder and they have been quite entertaining :-) He is turning 6 months next week and I am very surprised at how fast he has grown and picked up training, especially without a clicker. I plan on making a short video of all the tricks/ commands that he knows so far. I wanted to know what tricks/ commands should I teach him that would be beneficial for him and some that are just for pure entertainment such as playing dead. Thanks... Here's a list of what he knows so far:
    Sit
    Wait
    Stay
    Touch(come here)
    Lay down
    High five
    Paw
    Give me ten
    Belly ( laying on his back)
    Fetch
    Get your leash
    Take it/ drop it
    Leave it
    Go to
    Bed
    He learned how to take a bow in the last two days and And is learning beg/ sit pretty and crawl at the moment. He can do these fine at home but when I take him to the park it's a different story. I'm guessing the more training he does he'll eventually get it.




  2. #2
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    xxaprilrose's Avatar
    Real Name
    April
    Country
    United States
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    905
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jovi
    Likes (Received)
    52

    Default Re: Commands

    wow thats impressive! my dog will keep doing things until I praise her so she tries to do tricks lol but nothing quite yet. She only knows sit, go get a toy, lay down, come here (except she always likes to act like she doesnt know what that means when shes in trouble) Go to bed, and thats about it. I think I need to start actually training her. She is very smart but soooo rebellious.


  3. #3
    Drool Catcher Sophatp's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    248
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Leonidas
    Likes (Received)
    34

    Default Re: Commands

    @xxaprilrose, hey since we are Bullie birthdays, I would like to keep in touch with updates on Jovi. Any plans on when you are switching her meals from 3 to 2?

  4. #4
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    xxaprilrose's Avatar
    Real Name
    April
    Country
    United States
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    905
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jovi
    Likes (Received)
    52

    Default Re: Commands

    Quote Originally Posted by Sophatp View Post
    @xxaprilrose, hey since we are Bullie birthdays, I would like to keep in touch with updates on Jovi. Any plans on when you are switching her meals from 3 to 2?

    I am not sure yet. I know youre suppose to do it at 6 months but I am hesitant because I still personally think Jovi is too small... well skinny. But I also know that that is just how shes growing and not the food so I cant overfeed her. So I am kind of torn. What about you? How much does your bully weigh right now?


  5. #5
    Drool Catcher Sophatp's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    248
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Leonidas
    Likes (Received)
    34

    Default Re: Commands

    He weights about 42lbs atm. He's really healthy, not overweight. I am going to keep him on 3 meals a day until he's 7 months and see. I am feeding him 1 cup 3 times a day. When going to 2 meals a day, do we just split the meals into 1.5 cups each meal to equal 3 cups for a day or go to 2 cups for the whole day? I plan on keeping him on puppy food for a while too.

  6. #6
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Posts
    5,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1414

    Default Re: Commands

    First, you both have beautiful bullies. And mine is a little numbnut when compared to how many commands both yours know. Hell, I'm lucky if he'll sit without a treat involved..lol..

    Regarding the food-I cut Blue down to 2 cups a day when he was about 6-7 months. You really don't want to keep him on puppy food for too much longer. Its has a lot of extra fat that only puppies require. Keeping him on it too long will make him a fatty.

    Remember, according to the breed standard, they should weigh about 55lbs. Sure, some will weigh less and others more. But they should never weigh too much more.

    These are medium sized dogs, not large. The bigger they get, the more issues they can have with their joints. And considering that joint problems are very common with these dogs, you really want to get a grip on their weight while they're young.

    Having a tubby bullie and blaming it on genetics is irresponsible in my opinion. Yes, I know some may hate me for saying this, but it's the truth. Ok, stepped off my podium .


  7. #7
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    brutus77's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    6,962
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)
    2795

    Default Re: Commands

    HI just jumping in here. I kept Brutus on puppy food until 7mos then he went to an all stage grain free. He also went to 2 meals a day. I gave him a cup of food at each meal equaling 2 cups per day.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrys Mom View Post
    First, you both have beautiful bullies. And mine is a little numbnut when compared to how many commands both yours know. Hell, I'm lucky if he'll sit without a treat involved..lol..

    Regarding the food-I cut Blue down to 2 cups a day when he was about 6-7 months. You really don't want to keep him on puppy food for too much longer. Its has a lot of extra fat that only puppies require. Keeping him on it too long will make him a fatty.

    Remember, according to the breed standard, they should weigh about 55lbs. Sure, some will weigh less and others more. But they should never weigh too much more.

    These are medium sized dogs, not large. The bigger they get, the more issues they can have with their joints. And considering that joint problems are very common with these dogs, you really want to get a grip on their weight while they're young.

    Having a tubby bullie and blaming it on genetics is irresponsible in my opinion. Yes, I know some may hate me for saying this, but it's the truth. Ok, stepped off my podium .
    Hey is numbnut a NY word??? It is one of my favorites!!!!!
    My smooshy face boy!

  8. #8
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Posts
    5,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1414

    Default Re: Commands

    Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    HI just jumping in here. I kept Brutus on puppy food until 7mos then he went to an all stage grain free. He also went to 2 meals a day. I gave him a cup of food at each meal equaling 2 cups per day.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Hey is numbnut a NY word??? It is one of my favorites!!!!!
    hmm.. i dunno? ya think it is?


  9. #9
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    brutus77's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    6,962
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)
    2795

    Default Re: Commands

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrys Mom View Post
    hmm.. i dunno? ya think it is?
    Maybe
    My smooshy face boy!

  10. #10
    Dog Park Attendant 4flowers's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    417
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball Tyler
    Likes (Received)
    12

    Default Re: Commands

    Wow your bully does know a lot! Meatball sure doesn't know all that! Maybe it's time for a trainer lol Meatball knows
    sit
    come here
    time to eat
    drop it
    its night night time, although when he hears that he runs and hides. The only way we find him is by turning off the television or any other Noise, and we listen for his grunts! Than we have to carry him to his crate lol!

  11. #11
    Drool Catcher Sophatp's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    248
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Leonidas
    Likes (Received)
    34

    Default Re: Commands

    @Blueberrys Mom, Thanks the advice, I have enough puppy food to last him until he's 7 months. That was when I am planning on switching him over to fromms adult food and switching to 2 meals a day.

  12. #12
    Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member AceTheBathound's Avatar
    Real Name
    Eric
    Country
    US
    Location
    McAllen, TX
    Posts
    460
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ACE (The Bathound)
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Default Re: Commands

    Pretty amazing! I'm on command 4 with Ace, lol.
    Ace! Come here boy...
    Ace just stares

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •