Guess who...

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
She sleeps with her tippy tongue out :) It melts my heart!!!

256.JPG

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Pick one thing to work on at a time to get him on track... may be waiting to eat or walking on lead - something that will sned home the 'YOU are the boss'

He's great on the leash! He loves to walk. My main concern is the cats at this point, everything can be handled once we get him into training. I'm not sure how to get him used to them and not want to chase them. I've been using a spray bottle but I think i'm going to have to do extremes and bring out the cats, keep him on the leash and go from there. He is such a boy and hasn't matured yet :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
and bring out the cats, keep him on the leash and go from there.

^^^ :yes: or place him or the cats in a crate and he can just get their scent

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
^^^ :yes: or place him or the cats in a crate and he can just get their scent
Excellent Idea. He's terrified of crates, so the cats will have to be in there. He broke a toe off in one...Poor big baby. Do you think that is part of the problem too? He is trying to smell the cats?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Excellent Idea. He's terrified of crates, so the cats will have to be in there. He broke a toe off in one...Poor big baby. Do you think that is part of the problem too? He is trying to smell the cats?

definitely a possiblity... trying to figure out who/what they are

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Eh...Work in progress. He's so freaking stubborn, has NO manners, so rambunctious and is back and forth about the cats. One min he's scared the next he's chasing them. He's such a LOVEBUG though and just wants to snuggle and be with us. We have so much work to do with him. I'm not even sure where to start honestly. He's been learning stop and no. We went through HELL with Ruthie, but she just had potty issues, she's always listened really well, so these behaviors are so new for us. I know things will come together and it will take time. I wish i had a magic wand and he was trained how we need him to be lol. He's still not sure where he is either, so settling in is important to us to. It sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes! Fat head Brutus :)
It will all be worth it. Trust me. We had issues with Frankie also and now he is such a lovely boy. They catch on so quick because they live to please. In a couple of months you won't believe how far you have come. Brutus is a beautiful baby who will flourish under your care and love!!

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
It will all be worth it. Trust me. We had issues with Frankie also and now he is such a lovely boy. They catch on so quick because they live to please. In a couple of months you won't believe how far you have come. Brutus is a beautiful baby who will flourish under your care and love!!
Thank you :) He is such a loveable thing. He just follows around and wants to be near or on us. He's a big goofball, but he has listening problems. I can't blame him though, he has never been taught otherwise.