Introducing The Rottens

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
In an odd turn of events this past Saturday Brutus came back to visit our home. I had many long discussions with his foster mom between his first visit and when he came back. I know this dog belongs with us. He bonded with Ruthie and my husband very quickly. We have come to realize he is only playing with the cats. He is doing so much better with them. We have taken to squirting him with water and he hates it. He's not grasping as easily as i would like that the cats do not want to play with him, but i know we will get there with patience and time and it will also take the cats time to get used to him. We are working on his manners, taking him to obedience school soon and he's getting the words STOP and NO very well. Apparently in his 3 years not one person has told him NO. He's a big baby, loveable and happy. We are so excited to have him in our home! I have nicknamed them "The Rottens"...

The Rottens.jpg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Ha!ha! I LOVE it-"The Rottens!" Mine are MORE rotten than yours!! Oh yes, they will be partners in crime!! Welcome Brutus.:yes:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
How could you go wrong with a Brutus??? Congrats on your baby. Double trouble!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Welcome to the world of double trouble. I too have cats (one maine coon and one straight street cat, both were rescue) and the street cat has taught Ruby a thing or two about not wanting to play. The Maine Coon is happy to play until the bullies double team him, then he takes things up a notch and the bullies back off. With enough time, they all will find their balance and will be best of buddies. Congratulations and good luck!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow!! What a super surprise to see this! I'm really happy that they're together again and that's a funny name for those two. I totally agree that he'll learn his boundary with the kitties and it'll just take time. I'm so happy you've given him another chance, they look so cute together. :)

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow!! What a super surprise to see this! I'm really happy that they're together again and that's a funny name for those two. I totally agree that he'll learn his boundary with the kitties and it'll just take time. I'm so happy you've given him another chance, they look so cute together. :)
We were extremely sad when he left the first time and i didn't want to say anything until we knew it was going to work out. I'm so happy he is back!!! They are hilarious together, he's so rambunctious and Ruthie is so laid back, he follows her around to learn "dog things" LOL.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We were extremely sad when he left the first time and i didn't want to say anything until we knew it was going to work out. I'm so happy he is back!!! They are hilarious together, he's so rambunctious and Ruthie is so laid back, he follows her around to learn "dog things" LOL.

hahaha! That's so cute, I can so picture them. They really are adorable, he's got the teef and she's got those ears, the perfect couple!!

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Soooo cute!! Ruthie do not teach him naughty things like taking your clothes off under the bush!! lol haha love the nickname you gave them also!!!

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Soooo cute!! Ruthie do not teach him naughty things like taking your clothes off under the bush!! lol haha love the nickname you gave them also!!!
OMG..LOL. He hates his harness and does everything to get it off. I'm sure i'll find that in the bushes soon!
l

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Too cute! Don't know the story behind it but I have a foster (soon to be foster failure) and I do know how tough it is to intergrate them into your life, loads of time and patience but I am the "crazy bulldog lady" and wouldn't have it any other way. Best of luck to you.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Okay...gather yourselves in a tight circle while I give a big 'ole GROUP HUG!

Thank you for giving Brutus a 2nd chance, my admiration for you & Hubby is
boundless, what a great example to all of us~GOD bless you & yours!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=9205]JennieS[/MENTION] --- I am so happy I am almost in tears --- I so needed some happy news today (brutal week at work and stupid drama)!!

So happy for all of you ---- big @$$ hug to you all!

YEAH :jumping:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online