JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Ellie has high anxiety and almost everything makes her nervous. Cate was facing timing with my niece who is in the New Orleans Children's hospital. Typically Cate won't lay down with Ellie. When she moves around it makes Ellie nervous and she usually just walks away but for some reason tonight it was ok. I'm hoping this is progress toward her being in more of a calm state.

ery3erez.jpg

eremu6er.jpg

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Ellie is just a gorgeous girl and so is Cate, she loves her bulldogs !!! Love hearing Ellie's progress. Small things like this mean so much.

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Ellie is just a gorgeous girl and so is Cate, she loves her bulldogs !!! Love hearing Ellie's progress. Small things like this mean so much.

Yes, it does mean a lot. Usually, Ellie lays on the bed behind the couch when we are all in the living room. So, just her being in the middle of the room was different and then staying on the bed with Cate there was even more. It's taking time but Ellie is coming around. I think she was just bounced around so much that it's hard for her to completely trust.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Yes, it does mean a lot. Usually, Ellie lays on the bed behind the couch when we are all in the living room. So, just her being in the middle of the room was different and then staying on the bed with Cate there was even more. It's taking time but Ellie is coming around. I think she was just bounced around so much that it's hard for her to completely trust.

I have always said Ellie is in the right place with you and your family, and small things like this is showing she is starting to trust. Some things may send her back alittle, but in time I am sure she will relax. I had a border Collie rescue, she was such a scared mistreated girl, she was 2 when I got her and died at 14 years old, in the end she was the best dog I have ever had, she was so loyal and totally loved us. Ellie face is so sweet.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww she's starting to love and trust you guys, so good to see them together. Love and hugs to your niece, I hope she is okay.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I didn't realize that Ellie was a rescue… poor baby!!! I'm sure it will just take time for her to adjust to her new home… Thanks for rescuing her!!!

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Ellie wasnt sure in the first pic but was way ok with it in the second how cute!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie is such a beauty, thank you for rescuing her. You've done a great thing and it shows. You are a GOOD mom!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I think Cate has a magical way with her doggie siblings. She is a natural.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Cate loves her bullies and they love her! I absolutely LOVE seeing updates on Ellie she looks GREAT compared to when you brought her home. It takes Baby Steps, Cate may make Ellie nervous but I bet if anyone went to hurt Cate she'd be the first to stop them.

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Cate makes Ellie nervous but she likes being around Cate. It's hard to explain, when outside Cate can't get out of Ellie's view or she goes and finds her.

I truly believe Ellie is just learning to trust. She is finally realizing we are not going to hit her and that this is her forever home.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a beautiful sight.... so happy to be seeing her progress. Time is what she needed.... baby steps

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online