Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
trouble. Let me explain. I decided to take Vegas to daycare so he can play. It's been awhile since he's been and I think he needs the socialization. When I get there, they comment that they haven't seen him in a while...(he's a star there)
I remind them that Vegas has epilepsy and to keep an eye on his activity level.
They remind me that they have all his info on his emergency card and he is put into an area during down time that is supervised 100% of the time.
I leave in a hurry..thinking I'm going to be late for work.
I get to work and realize that I handed Vegas over with his seatbelt harness still on, and I call them to ask if they would please remove it. They inform me that all collars, harnesses and leashes are removed during the day for safety reasons..and put into a cubby with his name on it!:up:
During my lunch break, I call again to check up on him. This is what I'm told by the Daycare tech.
*them*Vegas has spent the morning in and out of time-out.
*me* What is he doing to earn time-out? Is he toy taking? Picking on the little dogs?
*them* No. He hasn't started any fights or taken any toys from other dogs.
*me* Then what is his problem?
*them* The best way I can think to describe it is...he's following other dogs around and getting into their face. Some dogs aren't liking it. He keeps getting into their bubble.

I had to laugh. Really? How do you explain to a bulldog to not follow other dogs? How do you tell a bulldog to not step inside another dogs "bubble"?
Really? I know this is daycare, but it's for 4 legged kids, not 2 legged kids.
We should be happy that he's not taking toys away from other dogs. We should be happy he's not scaring the :poo: out of the staff. And we should be happy that he's not biting and bullying the other dogs at daycare.

So, I call my husband to warn him of his son's bad day at daycare. Mark goes to pick up Vegas..and the tech that brought him out simply said..."he had a rough morning, but once he got use to us, he did really well".

So, Vegas did well despite what the bully hater said earlier. Really? A bubble?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

Bacon

Sep 9, 2010
West Branch Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
:lol: lol love the story.

We have never taken Bacon to doggy daycare, but my parents have two bearded collies that go to daycare quite often to play. I know they love it.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Oh no, I thought about taking Truman to a doggy day care near us but if that "bubble" rule extends to all doggy day cares, then I think Truman would be in a permanent time out.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Lol that is hilarious!! Sounds like they were bullying your poor bully!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I think Vegas earned a new nickname. "Bubble Boy" :up:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas B had to go into time out because he was "humping" all his friends at daycare. He has only went 4-5 times, and has been in time out twice for this behavior.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
And that pic you posted,,,,,, it needs the caption...."This IS my happy face" :lol:

Great Story!!! :)

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I'm with you Libra, it sounds like Vegas was trying to be a curious friendly dog... that's what dogs do.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I'm with you Libra, it sounds like Vegas was trying to be a curious friendly dog... that's what dogs do.

I thought that`s what dogs do too! If someone starts to growl, then it's that dog that gets some disciplining, not the one who wants to play. I was told that Stig always picks a bff-for-the-day whenever he goes to daycare and chases him/her around all day. I thought that it's normal. :confused:

Oh well. I'm glad bubble-boy enjoyed his second half of daycare :up:

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
And that pic you posted,,,,,, it needs the caption...."This IS my happy face" :lol:

Great Story!!! :)
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION]
Or even..."Of course it's Monday! Does this look like a Friday face to you?"

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Vegas B had to go into time out because he was "humping" all his friends at daycare. He has only went 4-5 times, and has been in time out twice for this behavior.

Well, he wouldn't be humping his enemies would he??????? ROFL

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], as a matter of fact he probably would, he was a bad humper as a pup, then went about 4-5 months and NEVER humped, but has picked it back up over the last month again. :eek: :down: (and he is nuetered!!)

NICASFINEST

Dec 9, 2010
California
Bulldog(s) Names
BUGZY
THIS IS REALLY FUNNY! OMG I WOULDNT BE ABLE TO SEND BUGZY TO DAYCARE THEY WOULD PROBABLY CALL ME AND TELL ME HE HAS BEEN SUSPENDED FOR THE DAY!!! LMAO!!! HE LOVES TO DO THAT TO OTHER DOGS AND HUMP THEM AS WELL....OMG TOO :lol:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.