Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Well, that was quick!! He will probably need to go out several times a night to potty. Does he sleep in a crate? If he does, he will probably whine, when he has to go.
It will take alot of "potty" runs before he is trained to go outside. If he doesn't sleep in a crate-he'll probably be up and playing at night!(and maybe peeing.....)

OP
CzarBentley

CzarBentley

Jan 6, 2014
Oh man. I have a feeling I won't be getting much sleep this whole week. Well last night I placed him inside his crate and was crying for about 2 hours. I must say though he is pretty smart, he's already peeing in pads I bought him. So that's. Good sign

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarah Elizabeth

Oct 20, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hulk
We didn't get much sleep the first week or two with Hulk. Now he's 5 months and sleeps through the night. During the day it's like having a toddler. He wants constant attention and we have to watch him at all times lol. We love him though and wouldn't have him any other way!

OP
CzarBentley

CzarBentley

Jan 6, 2014
Whoa!! Ya I'm getting myself mentally prepared for this new adventure. He's def a part of our family now. No going back! Playing with him all day to get him tired , would that work for him to sleep at night???

Sarah Elizabeth

Oct 20, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hulk
It'll definitely help for sleeping and bonding with him. But until he can hold his bladder longer you'll be getting up every few hours to take him out :-) good luck and enjoy your baby!

ZuzuPebbles

Jan 6, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Malcolm
Bentley is absolutely adorable! I love his name!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
PRECIOUS..... Kiss spot too

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Such a cute baby!!! Looks like a little angel sleeping

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Those are fantastic pictures, wayyyy to cute!! :welcome:

OP
CzarBentley

CzarBentley

Jan 6, 2014
That def makes sense now. I'm sure he was crying last night more than he was suppose to because he had to use the restroom!! Thanks for the heads up. Thank you guys!!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
That def makes sense now. I'm sure he was crying last night more than he was suppose to because he had to use the restroom!! Thanks for the heads up. Thank you guys!!!

That is most likely the case. As pups you should take them out every 2 hours even at night until they get older and can hold it longer. General rule of thumb is they can hold it 1 hour for each month of age as pups. Some will develop faster than others as well. My Harlea was sleeping through the night with no accidents by 11/12 weeks but we consider ourselves lucky on that front.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
CzarBentley

CzarBentley

Jan 6, 2014
Oh wow. Well I hope we get as lucky as you did!!! He's more work than my kids , lol. We're up for the challenge tho

Members online

No members online now.