We are HOME!!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Bogey was just the best dog on our LONG trip back to Florida from Ct! We cruised through the nightmare of NY, DC and Baltimore in record time- then it went downhill from there! Virginia was an absolute nightmare- stop and go all the way to NC! We decided to try and make Savannah the first night which normally would have taken about 13-14 hour. 17 hours later, we pulled into our hotel! Bogey did not act up once!! He was such a trooper. I on the other hand, was pushed beyond my limits of a good passenger, somewhere around Richmond, so, it was a VERY long ride! However, the next day, we hit no traffic and were home in 6 hours. Never again!
Bogey was so cute when we let him out of the car at home- he just rolled in the grass, did one of his psycho runs, sniffed every area of the house, and then decided to settle in a chair he normally is banned from- but it was so sweet, I just let him be!

so glad to be home- on to new beginnings!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 140

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's a great picture, the little bear is happy to be home! I'm happy you had a safe trip and Bogey was so good on the journey. WELCOME HOME!! :D

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome home! Are you glad to be back? I can tell Bogey is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
So glad you made it home safely Mary! I'm from the DC/VA area, so I know the HELL that traffic is… what a nightmare!!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Welcome home-and safely! My sister lives near Annapolis. I go up 81 to 66-then the "nightmare" starts w the traffic! They are retired, and I don't know how(why) they deal with it! Also whenever you go up there-all the roads are changed-and MORE building! So happy you are safe and WARM!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So happy you are home and safe. Bullies usually do make very good travel companions, as they sleep most of the way and never complain or want to change the radio channel. LOL I also think you just lost your chair, as I think he just claimed it. :)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I love road trips, but traffic jams do ruin them. Maybe you need to take a benedryl or two so you can just sleep through those? :sarcastic:

Welcome home!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
that chair is a perfect fit for him!

So glad the drive was safe... sorry for the crappy traffic, but at least you are home safe and sound.

Best of luck with the new home

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.