Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Let me set this up first. Orion usually sleeps where ever she falls asleep....and this has been for the last 4 1/2 years. Just in the last month she's decided that she wants to sleep on the bed with the rest of us. I don't mind at all....she likes to be between me and the very edge of the bed. More recently..she's decided that she likes to sleep on her side, little legs locked straight out....and jabbing into my side. It wouldn't be so bad if Vegas wasn't doing the exact same thing. So I decided (after watching the Zelda out take) http://youtu.be/-ltR8lz-SBk To try and create something like this.

My goal was to get Orion on the same level as us....but in her own space. To achieve this I had to stack multiple items. I started with the ottoman and topped it with one of their puppy couches. I then used a king size pillow and stuffed that into the center. I then used a crate pad and topped it all off with a blanket. The first night I did this....Orion never moved when I transported her to her new princess bed. So for the last few weeks....I've been getting some good sleep!

Now enter Vegas. He wants to sleep on this bed....but he keeps toppling the tower over. 3 times I've come to bed and the tower is on it's side. Last night...he succeeded. He finally got to sleep in the bed. He actually wasn't completely in the bed....his back end was actually being supported by the bed rail!

princess bed.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The Prince and the Pea

:giggle:

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
This is great! It made me laugh.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I think the best part of that pictures is not only the wrong bulldog is sleeping there, but most of him is right on the line of the mattress and the doggie bed

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
He's slightly lower than the mattress.....so his body is actually being supported by the sleigh bed frame. It was too funny....

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Good grief… he does look very comfortable. I hate to ask how long it took you to make up his bed?!! LOL

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Who's side of the bed is that? He had his junk in a very inconvenient spot :w00t:

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Who's side of the bed is that? He had his junk in a very inconvenient spot :w00t:

He did! Usually I get his sweet face...occasionally his bootie! He didn't get to sleep like that....I picked him up and moved him to the center of the bed.

So....last night, Vegas went up to bed with his daddy. Orion and I watched a little more tv. We fell asleep on the couch and about 11:45 last night my hubby started yelling for me. Vegas started having a seizure....and toppled off the big bed. This is why we put him between us....so when he moves we are awakened. Anyways...without me there to stop him from falling....that is what he did. My husband woke up, called down to me....but by the time I got upstairs, he was coming out of it. Vegas and I came downstairs where he paced for a bit. He then crawled behind me and preformed THE BEST duty of ear blanket to date! When I got up...I went to check on baby O. She was sleeping snug in her tower bed. This, my friends...is how the bed was intended to be used.

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

Vegas hasn't woken up this morning....He seemed fine last night, but I want to check him over to make sure none of his leggies are hurting. He's sleeping on the couch....snoring his sweet snore.

Last edited:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
He did! Usually I get his sweet face...occasionally his bootie! He didn't get to sleep like that....I picked him up and moved him to the center of the bed.

So....last night, Vegas went up to bed with his daddy. Orion and I watched a little more tv. We fell asleep on the couch and about 11:45 last night my hubby started yelling for me. Vegas started having a seizure....and toppled off the big bed. This is why we put him between us....so when he moves we are awakened. Anyways...without me there to stop him from falling....that is what he did. My husband woke up, called down to me....but by the time I got upstairs, he was coming out of it. Vegas and I came downstairs where he paced for a bit. He then crawled behind me and preformed THE BEST duty of ear blanket to date! When I got up...I went to check on baby O. She was sleeping snug in her tower bed. This, my friends...is how the bed was intended to be used.

View attachment 62610

View attachment 62611

Vegas hasn't woken up this morning....He seemed fine last night, but I want to check him over to make sure none of his leggies are hurting. He's sleeping on the couch....snoring his sweet snore.

I'm sorry to hear about the seizure. I'm glad he is resting. Orion is adorable.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I'm sorry to hear about the seizure. I'm glad he is resting. Orion is adorable.

You should say....Orion looks adorable. Because she certainly can "look" it. Last night she was back chatting with her daddy. Her daddy stood over her and gave her the stare down.....she kept inching up to him, not breaking the stare, until she was right at his feet. Then she pulled the "card" out. She licked her lips and grinned at him with both toofies hanging out!

Orion 1
daddy 0

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.