Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Jagger being a sweet brother

When I was first talking about getting a bully certain people in our family ( my mother in law), said bulldogs are too big and are not good pets. They will knock Cate down and hurt her. They are not family dogs.

I feel regardless the breed it's all how they are raised and the environment they are in. Some do have bad histories and have issues. But that is all a product of raising and environment.

Cate is 4 and Jagger turns 1 in February. They get to grow up together. I love it!!
    Jennye

Real Name
    Amanda
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gordo Fatsky
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyeStear View Post
    When I was first talking about getting a bully certain people in our family ( my mother in law), said bulldogs are too big and are not good pets. They will knock Cate down and hurt her. They are not family dogs.

I feel regardless the breed it's all how they are raised and the environment they are in. Some do have bad histories and have issues. But that is all a product of raising and environment.

Cate is 4 and Jagger turns 1 in February. They get to grow up together. I love it!!
    Does Jagger try to ever jump on your daughter? Gordo will be 1 in five days but I we are having an issue with Gordo jumoing on my son and knocking him down. Sometimes when my son is on the floor Gordo will try to do the "naughty" on my son. It is starting to stress me out, I thought it was a puppy phase but isn't stopping.

♡Blessed♥

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card! JennyeStear's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Default Jagger being a sweet brother

The only time Jagger has jumped on Cate and knocked her down was a few weeks ago when we had been gone to New Orleans. We came home and he jumped on her and gave her a lick bath. Other than that he doesn't jump on her. When I watch him I can tell by how he moves if he's tempted to jump and I try and change the situation as best I can. He does rub and bump into her a lot. I think she's just used to it. Even when playing he's not allowed to jump on her. When he was younger when he would try to jump, all play would immediately stop and he would get corrected. I also have Cate take part in giving treats, feeding and playing with toys. We make Jagger sit before he gets anything and I let Cate give it to him.

He got fixed as soon as we could. He has never been "gross"

Jagger is pretty rowdy but is very loving. He is very touchy-feely. He likes to be hugged, cuddled and literally squished. He will not sleep by himself. He has to have my daughter, a cat, someone has to sleep with him.
    Last edited by JennyeStear; 12-09-2013 at 10:02 PM.
    Jennye

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

AND this is why I love Bullies because they are these gruff and tough looking fur babies with hearts and depths deeper than the oceans those two babies were meant to be together. Thank you for Sharing it brought tears to my eyes to see the love those two have for each other.

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Real Name
    Amanda
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gordo Fatsky
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyeStear View Post
    The only time Jagger has jumped on Cate and knocked her down was a few weeks ago when we had been gone to New Orleans. We came home and he jumped on her and gave her a lick bath. Other than that he doesn't jump on her. When I watch him I can tell by how he moves if he's tempted to jump and I try and change the situation as best I can. He does rub and bump into her a lot. I think she's just used to it. Even when playing he's not allowed to jump on her. When he was younger when he would try to jump, all play would immediately stop and he would get corrected. I also have Cate take part in giving treats, feeding and playing with toys. We make Jagger sit before he gets anything and I let Cate give it to him.

He got fixed as soon as we could. He has never been "gross"

Jagger is pretty rowdy but is very loving. He is very touchy-feely. He likes to be hugged, cuddled and literally squished. He will not sleep by himself. He has to have my daughter, a cat, someone has to sleep with him.
    Thank you! I try and correct him but I think he gets too excited but majority of the time I will catch it and he will go to "time out" for a bit. I know he wants to just play but sometimes it gets out of hand. Yeah, Gordo isn't neutered so hopefully with some more work I can get it under control. Thank you for responding.

♡Blessed♥

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

That is awesome!

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordosmom1212 View Post
    Does Jagger try to ever jump on your daughter? Gordo will be 1 in five days but I we are having an issue with Gordo jumoing on my son and knocking him down. Sometimes when my son is on the floor Gordo will try to do the "naughty" on my son. It is starting to stress me out, I thought it was a puppy phase but isn't stopping.

♡Blessed♥
    My Winston will be 1 on Dec 14th, and he is not neutered yet… LOL I have a 2 year old grandson, and whenever Winston would try to jump on him, I would make a point to get him into a sit/stay. I also let Marcus give him treats, and also put his food dish down… they need to realize that the "little" ones in the house are masters too. Winston has calmed down considerably...
    @JennyeStear
    Your pictures are adorable…. Bullies & kids are a great combo, they just need training like most ALL dogs do!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

absolutely wonderful pictures.... I love the ear holding , it is like she is holding his hand
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Stacy
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
    Likes (Received)