Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
How adorable are those two xxxx

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
It looks like after he pokes his eye, Chums is looking up saying "tell him to play nice"

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
I like when he puts his finger in chums eye and then in his own mouth!

Just my opinion, but thinking I would show that video clip to your veterinarian, who says, after all he is a Rescue, and Watch him around children, as if you didn't judge his temperament. I get angry again all over reading that story. Awesome video.

OP
Opie CHL

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
@cassper I thought the same thing Dave. It still burns me up when I think of that guy and what he said. He's supposed to be a great bulldog vet but I never went back after that. There's not an aggressive gene in chums body.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Such a sweet vid. It looks like Chumley and the skin kid have the same size feet. lol. Mr. Chum is so good with kids, can't help but love him :kiss3:

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
Sigh.
WB makes those exact same sounds also.
Killing me every dogon time.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
@cassper I thought the same thing Dave. It still burns me up when I think of that guy and what he said. He's supposed to be a great bulldog vet but I never went back after that. There's not an aggressive gene in chums body.

Thats a good deal [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION], chumley can't talk therefore how can the guy judge, you after all are the father and read the personality first hand, I'm really glad you never went back, I'd venture to say even though that vet is rated good, he's still a QUACK !! everything that wreaks of chumley is sweet boy.

OP
Opie CHL

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Thats a good deal @Chumley, chumley can't talk therefore how can the guy judge, you after all are the father and read the personality first hand, I'm really glad you never went back, I'd venture to say even though that vet is rated good, he's still a QUACK !! everything that wreaks of chumley is sweet boy.
you hit the nail on the head Dave. He was one of those guys that feels he knows the dog better than the owner. He did all the talking and no listening..I'm still looking for a vet I'm comfortable with.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
you hit the nail on the head Dave. He was one of those guys that feels he knows the dog better than the owner. He did all the talking and no listening..I'm still looking for a vet I'm comfortable with.

Same here [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION], after my vet sent his 4 Techs in with a muzzle and a neck rope to hold Rambo down to clip his nails, I didn't care for their service at all. The part that killed me was Rambo never snapped or showed teeth, I wasn't allowed to touch or hold Rambo, Each Technician grabbed a paw, and attempted to force cut his nails, and he pulled his paws back from them. I know he's a big boy, but thats not the way you cut nails, again i'm not a technician, but i'm a pet owner. I stopped their sherade, removed the rope from around his neck that I never quite understood anyway, They said it was to keep him from falling off of the table, but at 71 pounds I know it would have hung him. Rambo looked at me with tears in his eyes, and when I removed his muzzle, and rope he squeezed tightly against me on the table until I set him down. I assume the technicians only do what he teaches them to do, and that told me they will never touch him when i'm not their, so in short, I am looking for a new vet.

After you talking about chumley and how they dealt with him Jim, I totally identified with you. I've never seen a doctor send his technician out to get a baby, and bring the baby away from the mother or father to the back, and give shots, or not ask the mother or father to hold the baby for shots, so why would a vet try that without the pet owner. I know you've heard the term in life like I have, This guy has a ton of book smarts, and no common sense, That's sort of how I feel about Vets. I think it pays to find someone your comfortable with, and a service who is gentle with our kids. Seeing Chumley interact with that baby brought a huge smile to my face, He was just precious.

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
OMG! That is the cutest thing I've ever seen!! How precious!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online