Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So what is the purpose of having him chained up?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm not sure I understand. Are you trying to make him viscous?

OP
N

njgautier

Aug 4, 2012
Los Angeles
Bulldog(s) Names
harley & moe
So what is the purpose of having him chained up?
To get him worked up and agitated building his aggression toward a threat building his confidence. You control when he gets the bite and you can reward him when he does.

OP
N

njgautier

Aug 4, 2012
Los Angeles
Bulldog(s) Names
harley & moe
I'm not sure I understand. Are you trying to make him viscous?
Making a dog vicious and protection training are very different. A protection is controlled, socialized, and stable. My dog will let anyone pet him safe with kids and other pets but if an intruder was to break into my house he would be a totally different dog.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Are you in Shuzthund training? I am not a fan but understand the use of it for certain breeds, GSD, Cane Corso, Rotties, Pit Bull, American Bulldogs, etc. never heard or seen an OEB or EB

Last edited:

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Re: Protection Training "Moe" building prey drive

Making a dog vicious and protection training are very different. A protection is controlled, socialized, and stable. My dog will let anyone pet him safe with kids and other pets but if an intruder was to break into my house he would be a totally different dog.
Oh ok. I didn't understand because I have never seen anything like that. Do you live in a high crime area?

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
OP
N

njgautier

Aug 4, 2012
Los Angeles
Bulldog(s) Names
harley & moe

Oh ok. I didn't understand because I have never seen anything like that. Do you live in a high crime area?

- - - Updated - - -
I don't live in a high crime area, but I feed my dogs daily and invest my time and love into them I want to know they can protect me if ever need be. Dogs love to work.

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Ok.

B

Baxter Tiberius

You better hope your dog 100% understands the difference between who he is, and isn't supposed to get aggressive with.

Aside from that ...

How many times have you needed protection from a dog in the past?

If the answer is zero, like it is for me, even pushing 40 years old ... then I would ask myself why I am really doing this.

I could tell people its because I want a dog who will protect me.

But it may in fact be that I just want a dog who can get scary on queue and that feeds my ego.

Just speaking for myself of course.

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

I don't live in a high crime area, but I feed my dogs daily and invest my time and love into them I want to know they can protect me if ever need be. Dogs love to work.
I feed and invest my time into my children as well but I don't chain them to a wall. I'm sorry if I am being Judgemental, but I just don't understand your reasoning.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
after reading the comments, I'm not planning on watching the video. :jawdrop:

Brelalonde

Oct 16, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley/bailee
Do not understand this at all and do not agree with it at all but that's just me .. Everybody has their own opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I invest my time and love into my children and that includes my fur baby and he has his protective moments but I would rather have a healthy happy fur baby I don't have to worry about biting the neighbor because he smiled at my dog, even well trained dogs can mistake a smile from a human as aggression toward them and defend themselves accordingly because they see the show of teeth as an act of aggression. I think if a dog shows a natural inclination towards protection and that's what you want then encourage it but if they don't then I think your asking for trouble. Just my opinion.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack

Sorry but I can't watch it either, especially if he's chained as I've read above. Working dogs love to work, Bulldogs are not classified as working dog. Everyone here will have strong opinions, and I'm sure it's not easy for most of us to see a dog chained in a video for training. Just my opinion. I'm all for dog's being trained for guard/watch dogs but Bulldogs as a whole don't fit this. I have to admit I cringed when I read "To get him worked up and agitated building his aggression toward a threat building his confidence. You control when he gets the bite and you can reward him when he does."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.