Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Protection Training "Moe" building prey drive

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley/bailee
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Protection Training "Moe" building prey drive

Do not understand this at all and do not agree with it at all but that's just me .. Everybody has their own opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I invest my time and love into my children and that includes my fur baby and he has his protective moments but I would rather have a healthy happy fur baby I don't have to worry about biting the neighbor because he smiled at my dog, even well trained dogs can mistake a smile from a human as aggression toward them and defend themselves accordingly because they see the show of teeth as an act of aggression. I think if a dog shows a natural inclination towards protection and that's what you want then encourage it but if they don't then I think your asking for trouble. Just my opinion.

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by njgautier View Post
    I don't live in a high crime area, but I feed my dogs daily and invest my time and love into them I want to know they can protect me if ever need be. Dogs love to work.
    Sorry but I can't watch it either, especially if he's chained as I've read above. Working dogs love to work, Bulldogs are not classified as working dog. Everyone here will have strong opinions, and I'm sure it's not easy for most of us to see a dog chained in a video for training. Just my opinion. I'm all for dog's being trained for guard/watch dogs but Bulldogs as a whole don't fit this. I have to admit I cringed when I read "To get him worked up and agitated building his aggression toward a threat building his confidence. You control when he gets the bite and you can reward him when he does."
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Eve
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

Default Protection Training "Moe" building prey drive

The thing about any dog is that they are unpredictable. No matter how much training. Just be very careful with him to make sure he doesn't cause injury to other people or animals. I know they are not dangerous but if they were I can just imagine the kind of damage they can cause.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Matt
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocco
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by njgautier View Post
    I don't live in a high crime area, but I feed my dogs daily and invest my time and love into them I want to know they can protect me if ever need be. Dogs love to work.
    I would hope you feed them daily. I've not watched the video and don't plan to. My dog isn't trained to be defensive but I trust he will if need be. I'll handle my own I don't need him getting in the middle of anything. I'd protect him. I don't feel that you're mistreating your dog but reevaluate why you got him

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    harley & moe
    Likes (Received)

The ignorance on this thread is unreal. I thought people would appreciate seeing a bulldog that is something other then a fat sloppy unhealthy animal with more health problems than a 80 year old alcoholic. A bulldogs original purpose was to work. It's obvious that the opinions here are based on lack of knowledge and are very judge mental. Maybe I should dress my dog up in a cute little costume and parade him around like a puppet or some cuddly disney character, and the fact is a dog should be able to serve a purpose or function in a home. People don't buy car insurance because they know they'll get into a car accident even if you're the best driver in the world theres always a .001% chance. I love my dog and I know he loves me and he also enjoys the training and excels at it. I want my dog to protect my family if he ever needed to and it has nothing to do with ego or having a bad *** dog because if that was the case I wouldn't of bought a bulldog to begin with there are a TON of ego stroking dogs out there pit bull, rottweiler, doberman. My dog wasn't on a chain he was on a leash attached to a padded nylon collar.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I have decided to close this thread from further discussion due to it has escalated and nothing further can be gained from leaving it open except bad arguments.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads