Tonka @ Bark For Life for the Canadian Cancer Society!

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Yesterday Tonka and I as well as some of our furry and human family and friends did Bark for Life! It is the doggy answer to the Relay for Life to raise funds for the Canadian Cancer Society. A few years ago I lost my Nan to Cancer and in June of this year I lost my mom to it as we'll at only 51 years old. This is the first event with dogs they have ran in Western Canada and it just felt like the perfect thing for me and my Tonka to do together for my Mom and Nan. We had a blast and our Team, Bark Off Cancer!, raised $1900 to contribute to the $8850 raised by the event in total! Tonka won best dressed, nobody can resist a Bulldog in a tough guy harness and a pink tutu!

Here's the pics!

yguvenu9.jpg

6e6e4esu.jpg

8u6apehy.jpg

5utytaby.jpg

u8a7ahyn.jpg

muzada3a.jpg

ypy2esyt.jpg

a3y9uqad.jpg

If you would like to see more from the event their Facebook page is www.facebook.com/LethbridgeBarkForLife

Last edited:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Such a beautiful and wonderful cause. Thank you for sharing this news and the great pictures too! Awesome job!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Fantastic photos! Congrats on the funds raised... I love the picture of you and Tonka, needs to be framed

also, so very sorry for the loss of your Mom and Nan.... :hug:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thank you very much for posting your words & pics. Awesome job!

So very sad for your losses of your Mother & Nan...GOD be with you
and give you hope, peace & joy.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Great pics and a great job on raising that much money. Looks like a fun time for sure. Sorry to hear about your mom and nan

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Tonka so proud of you and as handsome as ever! :clap2:

Sorry to hear of your losses, :( but i am glad you can help do such an amazing thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What a a wonderful thing to do!! Sorry to hear about your loss. Thats a very tidy amount to raise for such a great cause and Tank looks great in those pictures thank you for sharing. :)

OP
TonkaTruck28

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Thank so much everyone for your kind words. It was a great experience that hopefully we can do every year. Makes me happy to be able to do something needed and important to help those who are fighting against cancer now and in the future. I think its a wonderful way to love and remember the amazing women my mom and nan are.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.