JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
I was asked yesterday at a pet parade; " Do you worry about your little girl, having bulldogs in the house?" I was kind of shocked at the question. Seeing how Cate was holding Jagger's leash and sitting right next to Ellie. I said, " no they are both very loving and like to snuggle and love." Cate's answer, " I get lots a bulldog loves". This was the most honest sweetest answer I had ever heard. I didn't like how I was asked this question. Nothing against labs this is just an example. There was a pre teen boy with a lab, this lab was so hyper and actually knocked the boy down and jumped all over him. And no one asked him if his down was dangerous. Where I have my four year old 30lb daughter walking a 48lb bulldog through a pet parade. Not one time did Jagger bark, tug or jump at anyone or any other fur baby. I had Ellie who gets a little excited but never barked or jumped. Cate was so proud her fur babies won Best of Show
u9ypa5uh.jpg
3evezety.jpg
this is how Ellie makes Cate stay in one spot she lays on her legs
2eheve2u.jpg

Last edited:

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
So sweet...some people just don't get it. I get it all the time with Ruthie too. Makes me sad, but I do my best to tell them how loving bulldogs are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Aw, that is so sweet! Children sure know how to put us, so called grown-up' in line ..... Bulldog loves ... So sweet. :luv:

as for the behavior, the lab heck, they are very active breed, it is what they are meant for, running, hunting, fetching and owners tend not to give them that so the poor pup goes nuts when they are around people and places. As for the ignore of people with certain breeds.... That is all I can say, sear ignorance and media hype is all they know.

Be proud of yourself, you do a great job as a pack leader if you 4 yr old can easily walk your Ellie and they both respect each other.

love the pictures

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
People annoy me. Good for you and Cate!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
It doesn't matter if its a pittbull or a yorkie -any dog can be dangerous and do damage if is not handled correctly - people need to be educated ,yet sometimes i feel like im banging my head against a brick wall trying to get through some people xxx
You got a Lovely family btw

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Congrats on Best of Show!! Your pics of Ellie and Cate are super cute!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Some people ask the craziest things!!! Don't take offense, unless their tone was out of order it was probably just a lack of education on breeds. :(

Such cute pictures and I congratulations on the win! That's fantastic! :bravo:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I hope the person that asked you that question went home a little more "educated" about bullies! Nobody really talks much about how Chihuahuas' and Cocker Spaniels are listed in the top 10 list of dogs that bite humans...most folks go straight to pit bulls or any dog that has "bully" in it, it seems. Anyways, your daughter's a cutie and love those pic of the two of them cuddling!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
It annoys me too when I get those comments because my wife babysits in the home. I think back to around 5 years ago when I was as uneducated as these people..I never said anything quite like some of them do but I had no clue how loving and gentle the english bulldog is. They were portrayed in cartoons when I was a kid as aggressive and mean..always named Spike or something like that. So far off the mark it's ridiculous! On a daily basis chum has kids lying on top of him or playing with his ears and face and barely moves!
You can tell by your pics how great jagger is with your daughter! Beautiful!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Oh, Hooray for your daughter!! She must be proud of her ribbon!! :goodjob: Don't be insulted by people-dogs are much smarter than MOST of them!! I have raised, and sold many kinds of animals, and whenever I've had any problems, it was always the PEOPLE!!!!! The animals usually have some sense! I had an incident once,when I had dobermans-and had to call the police. When they arrived, I told them that I thought my Dobies had saved my life. They agreed that they probably had-as people are wary of dobermans. "But" the policeman said " we have been bitten more by Chihuahuas, than any big dogs!" No offense to Chi's, but just an example, Like Pati Robins has mentioned!
I have heard the scary bulldog comments-but my dogs aren't on leashes often enough(fence) but if they are and see people-they drag me 'cause they LOVE people!!!(they don't know all people Don't love them!!!!) I know I have been lax on the leash training......:ashamed:

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Anytime the fur babies lick or smush us we say its them loving us :) I never worry about Cate with them. Jagger is Cate's shadow. Ellie we call her our needy child. She always wants to sit on you or you have a hand on her. Ellie and Jagger are made to mind their manners and be polite. And I don't really like when people ask of they are mean or bite. It really gets on my nerves. I try to tell anyone that will listens it is all I. How you raise them; fur and skin babies.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
You can see how much love your daughter has for them and they for her. They have such a depth of love for us that it humbles me. I love her response to that comment. It just shows that SHE has no fear. I'm sure she was so proud of her fur babies achievement. So happy for you guys!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
It doesn't matter if its a pittbull or a yorkie -any dog can be dangerous and do damage if is not handled correctly - people need to be educated ,yet sometimes i feel like im banging my head against a brick wall trying to get through some people xxx You got a Lovely family btw

Agree with Pati...what people mistake is that the nature of a bulldog, properly raised,
is gentle, loving, protective & loyal...a playful clown. Isn't that what most of us here,
own? Those that aren't are usually from bad homes AND treated badly in them.

It's amazing to me the majority of these rescue bullies aren't homicidal manic killers
needing to be put down but they aren't...that speaks to the wonderful nature of bullies.

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
It doesn't matter if its a pittbull or a yorkie -any dog can be dangerous and do damage if is not handled correctly - people need to be educated ,yet sometimes i feel like im banging my head against a brick wall trying to get through some people xxx
You got a Lovely family btw

Thank you, and I totally agree. No animal is mean. My aunt has a Yorkie that needs a flashing sign. " Do Not Touch". He's the most unstable, nipping dog I have ever been around. It's because my aunt spoils and does not correct him. And I have two bulldogs that both weigh over 45 pounds that play with my four year old daughter and her crime boss of a kitten Lucy. Cate has never been bit or scratched by any of them.

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie

Agree with Pati...what people mistake is that the nature of a bulldog, properly raised,
is gentle, loving, protective & loyal...a playful clown. Isn't that what most of us here,
own? Those that aren't are usually from bad homes AND treated badly in them.

It's amazing to me the majority of these rescue bullies aren't homicidal manic killers
needing to be put down but they aren't...that speaks to the wonderful nature of bullies.

My bullies are all of the above especially the clowns :)

Ellie came from a bad home and just all around bad situation, she is a rescue. She is sweetest thing you will ever meet. She will lick you until you are soaking wet if you would let her. A lot of love and attention and she is turning out to be an amazing bulldog. My husband calls her "The Princess" Jagger is called "Meatball" or "Jelly Roll" they are so loving to my family and Ellie is definitely our protector.

I honestly believe it just takes a special person to be able to care for bulldogs and have them in a family and love them.

Most Reactions