Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bulldog Loves

Wow, so cute and so tolerant w her paws! You can tell they love each other . I have to chase Brie down just to wipe her feet! LOL

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card! JennyeStear's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lisabear123 View Post
    Wow, so cute and so tolerant w her paws! You can tell they love each other . I have to chase Brie down just to wipe her feet! LOL
    Oh yes, well Ellie will run like she's being shot at if she even thinks she sees a wipe.
    Jennye

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyeStear View Post
    Oh yes, well Ellie will run like she's being shot at if she even thinks she sees a wipe.
    They are so funny aren't they? I never thought I could love a dog as much as I love Brie. Was Ellie just naturally tolerant w your daughter? I have an 8 yo who love Brie but they have a litter mate relationship which we are trying to work on. Brie is 9 mos old now, still mouthy when she plays w him and it alway ends up w her becoming over excited, bitey n my son upset. He is half at fault as well for playing like a puppy or prey..so frustrating at times.

Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

They are so funny aren't they? I never thought I could love a dog as much as I love Brie. Was Ellie just naturally tolerant w your daughter? I have an 8 yo who love Brie but they have a litter mate relationship which we are trying to work on. Brie is 9 mos old now, still mouthy when she plays w him and it alway ends up w her becoming over excited, bitey n my son upset. He is half at fault as well for playing like a puppy or prey..so frustrating at times.
    Ellie is a rescue and I've only had her a few months. From the beginning she has always been tolerant and loved Cate. It seems to just come natural for her. Jagger is 8 months old, I've had him since he was very little. He is Cate's shadow. He is her brother. He rides in the car with her, in the pool with her and even goes to dance class on Saturdays. I have always involved Cate in Jagger's care. Feeding him, giving him a bath, brushing his teeth, cleaning his ears, she always helps with walks, giving him treats, and especially teaching him to sit and down. I have also let her play with him as she pleases. She plays doctor on him, makes him sit for tea parties and play with her babies. He usually ends up slobbering on everything . Just takes time. I am always home, I even work from home. So the fur babies and skin baby don't have a choice but to get along

These are Jagger and Cate. They are two peas in a pod. Ellie is just now really starting to form a strong bond with Cate.
    Jennye

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

@JennyeStear you are lucky to have each other! I'm home during the day as well so I care mostly for Brie. I've been trying to have my son give her treats, commands, walk her etc to help w elevating his status w her, I'm sure we'll get there in time. Brie I think, is just high strung. We've had her since she was 8 weeks and she has had a bunch of medical stuff so I think her being at the terrible teen stage, finally being healthy (minus these new allergy issues) plus my son not doing his part contributes a great deal to their relationship not being what it should. Paws crossed in time it will get better

Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

@JennyeStear you are lucky to have each other! I'm home during the day as well so I care mostly for Brie. I've been trying to have my son give her treats, commands, walk her etc to help w elevating his status w her, I'm sure we'll get there in time. Brie I think, is just high strung. We've had her since she was 8 weeks and she has had a bunch of medical stuff so I think her being at the terrible teen stage, finally being healthy (minus these new allergy issues) plus my son not doing his part contributes a great deal to their relationship not being what it should. Paws crossed in time it will get better
    I'm sure you will get there. These fur babies can definitely try your patience. I am thankful for Ellie's disposition. She also is high strug. She runs and jumps like a psycho, but when it comes to Cate she's amazing. Jagger is just the brother that likes to pick at his sisters but is very much attached and loving. That is why I love bulldogs so much. They are so loving and loyal. Just keep doing what you are doing and it will all fall into place. When I first rescued Ellie, after the first week I was afraid I had made a mistake. Ellie was anxious and just everywhere. It's has slowly gotten better and is turning into one of the best decisions I ever made. She has come into a new and much better life, Jagger now has a sister he can rough house with and I have what I have always wanted a skin kid to love and dress up and a pair of bulldogs to grow up with my skin baby.
    Jennye

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyeStear View Post
    I'm sure you will get there. These fur babies can definitely try your patience. I am thankful for Ellie's disposition. She also is high strug. She runs and jumps like a psycho, but when it comes to Cate she's amazing. Jagger is just the brother that likes to pick at his sisters but is very much attached and loving. That is why I love bulldogs so much. They are so loving and loyal. Just keep doing what you are doing and it will all fall into place. When I first rescued Ellie, after the first week I was afraid I had made a mistake. Ellie was anxious and just everywhere. It's has slowly gotten better and is turning into one of the best decisions I ever made. She has come into a new and much better life, Jagger now has a sister he can rough house with and I have what I have always wanted a skin kid to love and dress up and a pair of bulldogs to grow up with my skin baby.
    I hope so, but even as frustrating as the situation is w the issues, I adore her and feel getting her was the best decision! I just want her to be happy n us to be happy. She is wonderful w me, but it know that is cos my hands are in everything w her. I'm trying to get hubby n son to understand that the more involved they are w her..walks, feeding, treats/commands etc the more settled and respectful she will become w them but I'm just talking to air most of the time lol I just don't want my son to get bit again in play or other as it def hurts and will be worse as she gets older. She really is so incredibly sweet tho.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Oh these are too precious! Congrats on the win

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123