Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Thank you all! I love the fact that I can share my love for her w others who can understand! Lol

on a serious note, I have called a behaviorist to come in and help me manage her a bit better. They said it was $375 for a session which last about 2-3 hours and I should only need one session. I'm hoping so ...she is a wonderful bully w a personality I absolutely adore but her domineering, high strung, possessive streak is taking it's toll on me. She is really trying to vie for position w the 3 other dogs and us and it takes me 10 min just to get the leashes on the other dogs cos she goes after them. She also has a firm stance w them that everything is here. I gave them treats and Loki dropped here and a fight ensued. I keep thinking if she is like this at 9 mos, I need to seriously nip it now before she gets older. Do you guys agree or is it a waste of money?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I would agree that it's worth it!!! When we had Bella she was SUPER bossy w/Roxie, but we only had one other dog. I can't imagine trying to deal w/that concerning 3 other dogs... and honestly if a huge fight breaks out it would be chaos!!! :stars: Good luck w/Brie, she's a sweet baby... they just can't help being BULLIES!!! LOL

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] she is quite the boss w the other 3. 2 of them are so old it doesn't matter...she can't do much to them as they just don't care, and don't go bear her...more of an annoyance unless I go to put the leashes on them. the big dog who is 10 is the one she gets into it w. You pet him, she goes after him, etc..and he tries w all his might to not bite her. He turns away from her while barking at her while she is going after him...no one has actually bitten each other..yet. I've noticed it becoming more intense and eventually one of them is going to get hurt. Plus, my son really needs someone non-family to explain how to behave. He loves her but she can't stand him in her face and of course that is where he goes. She bit him on the face a few days ago. She was asleep and he startled her I'm assuming..she bit and gave him some good marks. When he is calm, she is calm but to her, he is a litter mate to play w and she plays rough. So, I figure if she is like this at 9 mos, I can't imagine he it would be when she gets older. I think my hubby needs to hear it all as well as I need them both on board w me to help w her. She deserves it and so do we all if that makes any sense?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
@ddnene she is quite the boss w the other 3. 2 of them are so old it doesn't matter...she can't do much to them as they just don't care, and don't go bear her...more of an annoyance unless I go to put the leashes on them. the big dog who is 10 is the one she gets into it w. You pet him, she goes after him, etc..and he tries w all his might to not bite her. He turns away from her while barking at her while she is going after him...no one has actually bitten each other..yet. I've noticed it becoming more intense and eventually one of them is going to get hurt. Plus, my son really needs someone non-family to explain how to behave. He loves her but she can't stand him in her face and of course that is where he goes. She bit him on the face a few days ago. She was asleep and he startled her I'm assuming..she bit and gave him some good marks. When he is calm, she is calm but to her, he is a litter mate to play w and she plays rough. So, I figure if she is like this at 9 mos, I can't imagine he it would be when she gets older. I think my hubby needs to hear it all as well as I need them both on board w me to help w her. She deserves it and so do we all if that makes any sense?
Oh BOY... well I'm having some of the same issue's here w/Winston. If I pet Roxie he tries to bite her, but Roxie is so laid back she puts up w/it. If I tell him to stop he will... BUT my biggest issue is my grandson Marcus who is only 2!!! He's going thru this hitting everything stage, and when he smacks Winston it's starts the madness. Winston tries to bite him back, so I have to stay w/them both 24/7. It's hard because the reality is they are both TODDLERS :stars: I'm guessing since Winston & Brie are about the same age this is something that Bullies just go thru... hopefully they will grow out of this somewhat. I still think w/as many dogs as you have it would be a good idea to have the behaviorist access the situation. You will have to let me know what she thinks, maybe I will have to do something like that w/Winston!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.