JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh that just broke my heart. :cry: Jill I know when Orion passed Ace missed him so much. I nearly killed me inside watching him look for his brother. Big :hug:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Awe Baby T, I know how much you miss your friend.... it amazes me how he knows.... sweet angel Linus, we all miss him dearly with you Jill, and cannot even imagine how hard it is. :angelhug:

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Thanks everyone!

You know, sometimes I really thought I was just putting my own human emotions about Linus on to Truman. Animals are so much more resilient than humans, I think! But once we received this stone, I, for the life of me, could not figure out why he would just lay near it - away from us, away from the television, just with the stone. Then he started putting his paws on it and sleeping and I am totally convinced there is something special around it that he can feel. I know it sounds wacky but what other explanation is there?
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] To answer your question, I have slowly started the process of cleaning and removing some of Linus' things. When the baby came and we had company in town, I finally washed and moved his dog bed. To that point, I had it in the living room with a stuffed bulldog in it. (Weird, I know!) I have a box of toys that he used in my living room still and I haven't moved those yet. Truman doesn't express a strong interest in those items, even though they smell like Linus still (I assume)...just the stone. He guards it like a sentinel.

We are planning on having our yard landscaped in the spring and will be placing it outside under a tree we'll plant in Linus' memory.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
"We are planning on having our yard landscaped in the spring, will be placing it outside under a tree we'll plant in Linus' memory."

Jill, we brought Brutus home and I buried him beneath a tree outside my bedroom
window because I promised a furever home and in this instance, cremation didn't
feel right. And I feel like you do about a special aura surrounding Linus' stone that
Truman can sense, when I saw the pic, that's what I think is happening. Reminds
me of Bev & Abby and what she was told that Abby's presence is around.
@Twice
​Gives me goosebumps.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
that photo just breaks my heart. I can't imagine how you all feel. Sending lots of love and hugs to you!

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (11/3/09 - 8/4/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
It's been almost two months since we lost Linus and, although he's gone, he's never forgotten - especially not by Truman - who has taken to resting by the stone that we received to commemorate Linus' passing. Most of the time he just naps by it but sometimes, he puts on paw on it and just looks sad. :(

View attachment 56845

:cry:You just brought tears to my eyes!!! I really do think losing your pet is just like losing a family member. It's not easy! I hope you are coping okay! Truman looks like he really loved Linus! That picture is just too sweet for words! I'm sorry for your loss! :heart:

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Awwww poor Truman misses his buddy....beautiful way to commemorate your bubby....:cry:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
[MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION]
Oh this picture just brought me to tears... :*( That stone is absolutely beautiful, I would LOVE to have one made for my Bella!!! It's been 3 months since we lost her, and at first it seemed like Roxie seemed oblivious to it but lately she seems a little slower & sadder these days. It just kills me that my 3 amigos are down to only 2... Hugs to you & Truman!!! :hug:

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
When Linus passed and you posted it was the first time I really thought hard about what it would be like to lose Chumley and I couldn't imagine going through the loss. I was so impressed how you turned your sadness into a positive by having a fundraiser in Linus honor!

Most Reactions