a little kiss now and then

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
From everything I've read at this forum, it seems pairing Bullies up is no problem, they establish Alpha, and from there on out, the rest is history.

Usually when the one being introduced is still a pup, they get along great. Two grown bullies can be a little tricky though. But as long as the paw-rents commit to the new family, everything should be fine. :yes:

OP
agingermom

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
They are so cute. Sweet, sweet pictures. Tracy -- how old is Arnold? I would love to get another bullie, but I don't know if Dudley would be as sweet and tolerant as Arnold!

Arnold is 2 now and Bertha is 1. Arnold was 11 months the night I brought her home. I was so sick with worry that he would be mean but I followed all the instructions from members on this forum. These same members watched my journey on EBN to get her including plane rides and a drive (about 18 hours of traveling). So when we got home, Dean and the kids had a welcome home sign and everything was all excited. I sat on the floor with Bertha close to show Arnold that she was part of my pack. Arnold got kinda excites and lunged, which freaked me out but he was only excited trying to smell her etc. So Bertha (7.5 weeks old) growled at him, already showing who was boss . That night started the sleeping on Dean's head habit, lol. That second pix was the next day, where Arnold learned to be very delicate with her but could still play like bulldogs do. These two have been inseparable ever since, which can be bad at times because they have pack behavior at times towards other dogs, like when we go camping. I would tell you that I love having 2 bulldogs and wouldn't have it anyway. Of course I introduced them young and they are male and female. The biggest problem I have is twice the hair and even less space in bed.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.