10-week checkup for Lily at the vet.

Jake Apperson

Aug 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly
My wife took Lily to the vet this morning... she met a Great Dane that she seems to think she is just as big as. From 7 weeks to 10 weeks she has doubled in size and weighs in at 10.5 pounds now. The spot where her umbilical cord was gave her an " outie " but they said they could fix that when she is spayed. anyone else ever had this and did it go away or best to let them fix it when they already have her under to be fixed? The vet said it is not a hernia that will go away on its own.

B

Baxter Tiberius

Baxter has a tiny little flat knob ... kind of looks like a wart ... lol i was just going to leave it. Should it be "fixed" ?

OP
J

Jake Apperson

Aug 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly
The one she has sticks up about as far as my pinky fingernail ( best thing I could think of to put it into mental picture status ) and to be honest, the only reason I think about getting it fixed when she gets spayed is so it does not cause problems for her later down the road if it gets rubbed wrong on the carpet or in the yard or something.

OP
J

Jake Apperson

Aug 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly
Poor little girl :(

My wife went to look in on her and found her asleep on a shirt of mine and she was shaking a little. The vet said the shots she got today might make her a little sick. My wife sat down with her in her lap and covered her up and she is out like a light now.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
What a beautiful little baby... :luv: One of Bella's pups had a herniated belly button that actually went down on it's own, I really don't know how involved that surgery is but if you are getting her spayed anyway I would go ahead & get it taken care of...

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She is too cute. Yes let them fix it when she gets spayed. It's probably an umbilical hernia.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG... how adorable! As others have said, the hernia is not uncommon and is best to have it taken care of during her spay. less surgeries the better with Bullies

MyStellaBully

Aug 20, 2013
Geneva, Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
Stella had an umbilical hernia. The breeder had it surgically repaired before selling her. The surgeon kinda did a hack job on her. The incision is still pretty raised and bumpy. She had a round of antibiotics when I got her. My vet expects it to get smaller and smoother with age. It never seemed to bother her.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
​Such a cutie pie...hoping she feels lots better when she wakes :)

OP
J

Jake Apperson

Aug 28, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly
Update on her. She was not herself for a while after I got home and just wanted to sleep. When I started cooking dinner last night, that was like a light switch going into the ON position :)

She perked right up then and was her normal self from then on. Who would have thought that the smell of chicken cooking would do that to her :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online