COMPANION

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
Ok guys i need advice i have been wanting to get Rebel a companion because i know he would be so much happier and not nearly as bored i was going to wait until tax time and get a english bulldog baby but yesterday i found one that is being rehomed she is 8 months just like my Rebel, i keep thinking its a God thing because i think it would be perfect, they are rehoming her because they dont have time for her, Please tell me your honest opinion of what you think i should do fem.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Surely could be meant to be, I would have her and Rebel meet to make sure they get along. Neutral territory is the best place. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If they are really interested in rehoming her-and finding her a GOOD home, they should be willing for them to bring her to your house and see how she gets along with Rebel-and how he likes her. It is better on HIS turf, as you will find his true feelings. If they are not willing, then they don't really care-OR you could ask if you could bring her home, and see how they do-if all doesn't work out if you could-bring her back. Sometimes it takes awhile for adjustment, but you can tell if they hate each other pretty quick! I did that with a Frenchie that needed a new home. She was fine the first hour, then when she got used to me, she would not let my dogs near me-she would attack them. That just did not work out. The girl had agreed to take her back, if it didn't work out. Then she found a good home, where she was an ONLY dog. Just a suggestion to think about.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Rehoming (adopting) is so much more rewarding -hope it all goes well and keeping fingers crossed x

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
If they are really interested in rehoming her-and finding her a GOOD home, they should be willing for them to bring her to your house and see how she gets along with Rebel-and how he likes her. It is better on HIS turf, as you will find his true feelings. If they are not willing, then they don't really care-OR you could ask if you could bring her home, and see how they do-if all doesn't work out if you could-bring her back. Sometimes it takes awhile for adjustment, but you can tell if they hate each other pretty quick! I did that with a Frenchie that needed a new home. She was fine the first hour, then when she got used to me, she would not let my dogs near me-she would attack them. That just did not work out. The girl had agreed to take her back, if it didn't work out. Then she found a good home, where she was an ONLY dog. Just a suggestion to think about.

I would agree with Lynn! I think that is an excellent plan in terms of seeing how they get along. In general, I think it is a FABULOUS idea. I'm guessing they might still be young enough for it to work out. I wish I had done something similar with Dudley when he was younger. He's too much of a spoiled brat, king of the hill type now. Best wishes...I know you'll let us know what happens!

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Agree with all the posts...let them meet in neutral territory and see if they get along...

if they do, I would seriously consider it...if not then you know beforehand that it isn't a good match.

Good luck and let us know!

OP
REBELBABY

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
ok guys thanks so much for the advice we are going to meet her tonight, is it wierd that im totally nervous?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Definitely meet in NEUTRAL territory .. let them get to know each other better and see how they interact before you bring this new bully into your home. If they look like the are getting on ok take them for a walk together. That pack walk scenario should help them bond!!! :up:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I think it's a great idea, and let them meet on neutral territory first to see how that goes. Then see if they will bring her to your home and let them get used to each other in the back yard first. If all goes well then you will be giving her a good fur-ever home and him a play buddy. :2thumbs:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
This is so exciting! I hope it goes well. Let us know how it goes. Good luck

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
ok guys thanks so much for the advice we are going to meet her tonight, is it wierd that im totally nervous?

OH BOY!! I'm excited for you.... good luck and keep us posted

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online