Neglected fur-kids??

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
My work has really been incredibly busy right now, and of course we've had a lot of fundraisers at weekends for the rescue, so my time on EBN has been more limited and my whole life seems to be in chaos right now.

I knew it was getting bad when I realised I hadn't got to the grocery store to buy more ingredients for the fur-kids home cooked food!!!! :ashamed:

By the time I got home last night it was just too late to go shopping and cook up a batch, so I decided that a bag of steamable mixed veggies and some greek yogurt would be the perfect topping to the Fromm and maybe disguise the fact that there was none of their usual home cooked food in the bowl!!

So I really ladled on the warm, freshly steamed veggies and big dollops of greek yogurt!! Well, I think I got away with it this time ... but not without some serious yogurt chin!!!! Not the best picture!!! I know his chin is white but there is usually a lot more black too :ROFL:

yogurtchin.JPG

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:gimmefood:I'm sure they enjoyed it anyway, at least mine would, they don't really care what they eat, they are Hoovers who just inhale their meals. I don't even think they taste what they're eating. Lol. It's gone in 60 seconds, and then they're looking for more. Do you home cook all their meals? I feed Dozer and Blossom 1 cup of Fromm's Beef Frittata kibble topped with plain yogurt every morning and they get 1 cup of kibble topped with whatever veggies I cooked for dinner that day, such as cooked carrots, broccoli, green beans, or cauliflower. But once a month I cook up a batch of home cooked meals which feeds them for a week, so they get kibble for 3 weeks, and home cooked for a week once a month.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would have to say, someone was still VERY happy with his dinner.... good going Mom!

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
:gimmefood:I'm sure they enjoyed it anyway, at least mine would, they don't really care what they eat, they are Hoovers who just inhale their meals. I don't even think they taste what they're eating. Lol. It's gone in 60 seconds, and then they're looking for more. Do you home cook all their meals? I feed Dozer and Blossom 1 cup of Fromm's Beef Frittata kibble topped with plain yogurt every morning and they get 1 cup of kibble topped with whatever veggies I cooked for dinner that day, such as cooked carrots, broccoli, green beans, or cauliflower. But once a month I cook up a batch of home cooked meals which feeds them for a week, so they get kibble for 3 weeks, and home cooked for a week once a month.

Yes every meal is at least half home cooked or more, and the rest is kibble. So when they don't get home cooked they really sulk. Bella is the worst because she will literally pick her empty bowl up and throw it around the room!!!!!! And when I say throw it ... I mean THROW it. :ohmy:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
You must've done a great culinary job on those steamed veggies, Karen! looks like Linus lopped up the stuff really well! I know what u mean tho about not having enough ingredients (or time) to make the home cooked stuff and having to resort to something, well, more "creative" in the kitchen!

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
You must've done a great culinary job on those steamed veggies, Karen! looks like Linus lopped up the stuff really well! I know what u mean tho about not having enough ingredients (or time) to make the home cooked stuff and having to resort to something, well, more "creative" in the kitchen!

I'm not sure I really pulled it off though ... Tom was home today, and he said that Bella sulked all day. Did somebody say "Spoilt Princess"??? :whistle:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think I have a new favorite picture if Linus!!! Simply adorable! I think he liked it mom, and wants more!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Linus is adorable!!! :D They sure do make a mess of the yogurt... LOL Winston likes the bowl forever afterwards...

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.