Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)

Sheldon came in from outside and wanted to play so Bubba played with him. Goes to show even if Sheldon is growling it sounds mean but my kids can tell he is playful Sheldon doesn't have an aggressive bone in his body. I especially love it when I say Drop it he does.:D

B

Baxter Tiberius

Its so crazy how mean they look ... and sound when they are doing that.

I still think Baxter's brain switches into a different mode, genuinely aggressive. I have yet to test it out because Im not interested in my hand bleeding, but when he gets worked up, I don't see the same fat little friendly piggy anymore.
Takes him a minute to calm down too ...

Do you think you could stop .... immediately start cuddling with him, and he'd be loving?
I dont think Bax would..

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Its so crazy how mean they look ... and sound when they are doing that.

I still think Baxter's brain switches into a different mode, genuinely aggressive. I have yet to test it out because Im not interested in my hand bleeding, but when he gets worked up, I don't see the same fat little friendly piggy anymore.
Takes him a minute to calm down too ...

Do you think you could stop .... immediately start cuddling with him, and he'd be loving?
I dont think Bax would..
absolutely I can even kiss him on the nose when he is doing this...

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Thats so cute ;-)) Shy and Lily make same noises and yes i can kiss them while they try to pull and if i want them to drop or give it back they will give the toy to me xxxx

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thats so cute ;-)) Shy and Lily make same noises and yes i can kiss them while they try to pull and if i want them to drop or give it back they will give the toy to me xxxx
Yes, which is why I didn't stop this play. I can tell a difference in his stance and posture and muscles when he is in an aggressive pose (which is almost never) and if I see this change I immediately intervene and/or make the kids because he has to understand that they won't accept this behavior either unless he is defending one of us. Sheldon doesn't like strife and when the kids are wrestling he will get between the kids or he will get between my hubby and the kids if he is getting on to them its strange though because he doesn't do that to me. If I am getting on to the kids he is just like whatever.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Sounds like my house! ;-)) Shy will play with Olivia very gently but with me as i have a lot more strength than my 6 year old she will push me to my limits! I think i should have been born a dog i love tug of war ;-)) (and hate fetching lol) xx

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sounds like my house! ;-)) Shy will play with Olivia very gently but with me as i have a lot more strength than my 6 year old she will push me to my limits! I think i should have been born a dog i love tug of war ;-)) (and hate fetching lol) xx
I never really paid that much attention but Sheldon also plays differently with everyone as well as the animals.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You oughta' hear mine, when they get going! It's never been all four at once, usually three-the fourth only likes to wrestle one on one at a time. Sometimes, I can hear that "someone" starts to get angry(usually if something hurts....) and then I say "hey, take it easy, no fighting!" and it usually settles down. I sure hope it continues to work, as they sure DO SOUND vicious!!!! And what a grip-I can see how they held a bull by the nose-in "ancient" times!!

Last edited:
OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
You oughta' hear mine, when they get going! It's never been all four at once, usually three-the fourth only likes to wrestle one on one at a time. Sometimes, I can hear that "someone" starts to get angry(usually if something hurts....) and then I say "hey, take it easy, no fighting!" and it usually settles down. I sure hope it continues to work, as they sure DO SOUND vicious!!!! And what a grip-I can see how they held a bull by the nose-in "ancient" times!!
Yes that is so true...the drop it command is so important for these dogs to learn. Sheldon is learning to sit for his toy when playing which I think keeps the play from becoming too aggressive. The good thing about Sheldon is he reacts very well to positive reinforcement I don't have to treat train him if I choose not to. He loves hearing he is a good boy.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sounds like our house too... of course between the boxer & bully. What's funny is that Roxie will just pull her head up & Winston can't reach anymore... he gets so mad!!! LOL :eek:

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sounds like our house too... of course between the boxer & bully. What's funny is that Roxie will just pull her head up & Winston can't reach anymore... he gets so mad!!! LOL :eek:
:ROFL: There is never a dull moment here with the kids home and the fur kids playing. I have uploaded a few video's on youtube one of which I can't get turned right so I haven't put it on here it's of one of my twins with Sheldon but it turns sideways and I can't figure out how to fix it.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:ROFL: There is never a dull moment here with the kids home and the fur kids playing. I have uploaded a few video's on youtube one of which I can't get turned right so I haven't put it on here it's of one of my twins with Sheldon but it turns sideways and I can't figure out how to fix it.
You sound like [MENTION=9236]Lisabear123[/MENTION]... all her pics are sideways!!! LOL I never post anything from my iPad because I can't figure out how to fix it... LOL :D

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
You sound like [MENTION=9236]Lisabear123[/MENTION]... all her pics are sideways!!! LOL I never post anything from my iPad because I can't figure out how to fix it... LOL :D

My pics come out fine its my video capabilities that are called into question LOL

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
That's great! I'm still trying to teach Chum to drop it. He just won't do it. I love the video.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
That's great! I'm still trying to teach Chum to drop it. He just won't do it. I love the video.

Thank you he is so rotten LOL we all spoil him its hard not to.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online