Ruggles' Power Steering

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
​Yep, Mama's sweet big boy has to wear his pretty necklace sometimes, the difference is like having power steering or not!

Attachments

• 20130914_122545_resized.jpg
    20130914_122545_resized.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 169

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Right there with you...Dudley does too!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Gotta love the power steering! Never needed it with my two but when I worked at a dog daycare ... There were MANY that we needed it for when walking as they were back yard runners and the owners did not walk them so they just wanted to RUN

OP
Alice Kable

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Ruggles bolts. We'll be walking along and he sees a bug or a flower or a road apple and he bolts to try and get it. He also is a wannabe car chaser. When I stop to talk with someone he'll sit nice for a few minutes then without warning bolt for a clump of grass or whatever. And then sometimes he is a perfect gentleman the whole walk!

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
I think I need this for Ollie, we have tons of geckos here apparently he just noticed them today!! We had our rent-a-fence taken out to cut back on budget, well he about broke my hand as my son had come out to tell me something so I was paying attention to him, had the leash wrapped around my hand and bam, a tiny baby gecko was spotted and yank, went my hand and arm, I about fell, and my hand was sore and red for a bit!! Might need to break down and get one for him!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I think I need this for Ollie, we have tons of geckos here apparently he just noticed them today!! We had our rent-a-fence taken out to cut back on budget, well he about broke my hand as my son had come out to tell me something so I was paying attention to him, had the leash wrapped around my hand and bam, a tiny baby gecko was spotted and yank, went my hand and arm, I about fell, and my hand was sore and red for a bit!! Might need to break down and get one for him!!

We just got a Kong leash. It has a padded hand grip at the end and about a foot up the leash. It's MUCH easier on the hands controlling little miss unruly puppy. We need to invest in puppy school one of these days soon.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my i dont walk sarah on a leash but one of my bostons sure is a pain. might need one for him

OP
Alice Kable

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] Buster doesn't need one usually but he can sure show his stubborn side when we are walking. He plants all 4 feet and gives me his stinkeye when he doesn't want to do something!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I couldn't tell from the picture but if its a prong collar then yes I use one in training with Ace or when walking on leash if in a situation where I will need more steering than a harness provides

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Ya we do what @ruralmystic does! Daisy is a puller and a darter. So with training she gets the prong. She does ok on her harness, we use that for walks.But we keep her off her leash while we are in our yard (no fence) and she does pretty good.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We are lucky i guess. Harlea is great one a leash so far. Not in to chasing cars, but definitely bugs and lizards. When she does try to go scitzo on me I just tell her no pull with a gentle tug on the leash/harness and she backs off to my left side and usually sits or lay down. It has been tough to work on but she is getting it and the puppy classes have been a tremendous help.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online