The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We were looking for a portable crate as the one my wife was using at her work was borrowed and the original owners needed it as they were going to be getting a new puppy soon so online shopping we went. It arrived yesterday and right after I set it up Harlea jumped in and made her self at home. I think she likes it. It will be nice to not have to lug around the wire crate as we go places.

Attachments

• Harlea_New_Crate.jpg
    Harlea_New_Crate.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 225

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oooo that's great! Can you give me details? I am going to be hauling my daughters shepherd pup around between houses for a few months. We have a pop up one..but I'm afraid he will eat it. He will be trying it today for the first time. :nervous: be great to be ready for an option if this one fails!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] This is kinda of a popup one as well. It is the 36" 3 door soft crate made by EliteField that we got off of Amazon. It has spring loaded connections for the top rails and it appears to be very sturdy as we had over 40lbs of cats standing on top of it at one time last night. We went with this one for the portability factor and the size and number of openings it has as that is a big thing for Harlea. It folds right up with her blanket, toys and crate pad in it and slides right in to the carrying case it came with that has a shoulder strap. They do have a larger 42" for bigger dogs.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
@JAKEISGREAT This is kinda of a popup one as well. It is the 36" 3 door soft crate made by EliteField that we got off of Amazon. It has spring loaded connections for the top rails and it appears to be very sturdy as we had over 40lbs of cats standing on top of it at one time last night. We went with this one for the portability factor and the size and number of openings it has as that is a big thing for Harlea. It folds right up with her blanket, toys and crate pad in it and slides right in to the carrying case it came with that has a shoulder strap. They do have a larger 42" for bigger dogs.

Ya..but our pop up one looks like the car sun shields when closed and the whole thing moves when the dog does! It's more like a tent and zip up front. I am going to Amazon and get info...really looks more like a crate than ours. 42 is what we need..Thanks!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
No problem. sent you the link in a PM.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
@Marine91 can you send the link to me as well please, we travel w Brie's wire crate and it gets really difficult.

Last edited:

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
[MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] please send me a link as well that is really nice :yes:

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Porta houses are amazing!!! We have one for Loki and he loves it!!! Great find :eek:) We got ours from craigslist and since they are washable we saved a ton of money

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
she looks so happy in there too... nice and comfy!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
That is too funny. Glad i could help.

Well...I left him in the pop up one we had, while I ran to Petsmart. Imagine my surprise, when upon returning, the said crate was much closer to the door than when I left..and the zip opening was UNDER the crate. This pup had totally jumped and turned it over. :eek: he was safe... But sitting on the ceiling! :bang:

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Well...I left him in the pop up one we had, while I ran to Petsmart. Imagine my surprise, when upon returning, the said crate was much closer to the door than when I left..and the zip opening was UNDER the crate. This pup had totally jumped and turned it over. :eek: he was safe... But sitting on the ceiling! :bang:
HA HA Loki makes his hop all the time silly babies

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Very cool crate~!!! Many times I have had to load up Vegas's wire crate and put it in the back of the SUV. Never thought about getting a portable one.

Most Reactions