Is he supposed to be this lean and all?

Ritubpant

Jun 10, 2013
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Hi everyone,

Bacon will be 8 months in August and based on everyone I talk to I think he is mixed with a boxer. Not that it matters cause he has already brought me loads of joy and friendship. I just thought I would get your opinion as well. He is just lean like a boxer with the face of a bulldog. Did your bully look like this at almost 8 months?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 369
OP
R

Ritubpant

Jun 10, 2013
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 367
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 373

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Here's another picture of him
I don't know about the rest but he is sure a cutie!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm with [MENTION=6209]Scueva[/MENTION] I think Old English Bulldog...

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
He is a cutie...he is very lean. I wish Dudley was lean...he's more of the butterball variety!

OP
R

Ritubpant

Jun 10, 2013
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Thank you... He is turning out to be a great dog so am happy :) here's one more pic as a thank you :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 213

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Bacon sure is cute! He does look like an Olde English Bulldogge to me. I love the last pic with his glasses and scally cap!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I would think more likely leaning towards an Olde perhaps. He has a bully face for sure. Is he pretty active and athletic? Looks like he would be. And healthy? Love him he is a real keeper

OP
R

Ritubpant

Jun 10, 2013
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I would think more likely leaning towards an Olde perhaps. He has a bully face for sure. Is he pretty active and athletic? Looks like he would be. And healthy? Love him he is a real keeper

I wouldn't say he is very playful after I got him neutered. He was until a month/month and a half ago. He mostly sleeps but I do take him for walks every day and he goes to dog camp once a week so he definitely is well exercised. As far as health goes, haven't had any problems yet so he is definitely healthy. He weighs around 42 pounds at almost 8 months and I think olde would weigh more than that. Maybe a mix of boxer and bully? Either way, he is become a great part of my life and definitely makes me happy so whatever his breed may be, he is a great companion and well behaved at that. Nothing more I could ask for, really.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: He's handsome to be sure. I think his weight looks great.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He looks fine, you don't want a fat bully. As long as you don't easily feel his ribs, he is just right. The first year of growth they will go up, then the second year they will grow out and fill out. Since he is mixed with Boxer, he will be a little leggy anyway. He is a handsome boy for sure.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
I agree with everyone else - probably an olde english bulldog. The cool thing is that you'll hopefully have less health problems because of the lean/taller legs thing. Enjoy!

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Looks like an olde english to me as well, unless he is a boxer mix. He loos great and is a cutie!!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I wouldn't say he is very playful after I got him neutered. He was until a month/month and a half ago. He mostly sleeps but I do take him for walks every day and he goes to dog camp once a week so he definitely is well exercised. As far as health goes, haven't had any problems yet so he is definitely healthy. He weighs around 42 pounds at almost 8 months and I think olde would weigh more than that. Maybe a mix of boxer and bully? Either way, he is become a great part of my life and definitely makes me happy so whatever his breed may be, he is a great companion and well behaved at that. Nothing more I could ask for, really.

He may have some boxer as well. You stated he weighs 42 pounds what would you reckon his height to be?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.