Is he supposed to be this lean and all?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm with [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]..he just isn't done yet! He will fill out..old English//English...but not a boxer mix..look at his mug! That's Bully through ànd through!

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
He is BEAUTIFUL! His weight is perfect. Bullies grow up the first year and out the second year. You have a real winner there.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Mine is tall also and was lean but he is starting to really fill out in the chest and he is athletic when he plays he is laying around today because he got his Comfortis last night and is a little lethargic today but get his measurements I am willing to bet he is Olde English beautiful...can't wait to see more pics

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
Maggie is lean too. She's much shorter than your Bacon but she's fairly lean. She weighs 41 pounds at 4 years old and the Vet said she looked really healthy so I'm not concerned with her weight. She still eats. I think bacon looks great and I agree he looks Olde english. Good news is that if he is Olde they generally have better health because their mutations are less extreme (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm so jealous of his coloring though, I LOVE brindle.

Henry

Feb 10, 2013
NH/MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Our boy is the same age as yours and is also lean and tall (you can check out his pics I've posted). Henry is a bulldog/olde english mix. He still has A LOT of extra skin to grow into, so time will tell how he turns out. He currently weighs 46 pounds.

Bacon definitely has the bulldog face. I don't see the boxer in him. Maybe your boy is olde english or a mix of the two like ours? Either way, Bacon is a cutie! I loved the pic with the glasses and cap!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Give him time... 8 months is young and he still has lots of growing to do. as long as you can not see ribs, all is good.

he is a handsome boy!

Most Reactions