I can fly!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Great pix... may I ask your Lens and settings? I'd like to try getting shots like that with our Nikon D60

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Wow are you sure he is not part rabbit or bird? Love the pictures :D Now I know Fergus is just lazy he cant even jump on or off the couch we have to pick his chubby butt up :rolleyes:

OP
Henry

Henry

Feb 10, 2013
NH/MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Great pix... may I ask your Lens and settings? I'd like to try getting shots like that with our Nikon D60

[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] Those pics of Henry were shot with an 18-200 mm DX VR zoom lens at f8 with shutter speed 320 in auto ISO, but I also have some shot at 250 but the 320's seemed to have come out better on this shoot.

The AF system of the D7000 is designed for sports and action shots. I would recommend AF-C in which the camera will continually (C) focus, tracking your subject while the shutter is pressed. I know nothing about the Nikon D60 or what it allows you to do in manual, so I don't know if these settings will even work for you.

You see, I'm still a novice at photography so I'm not even sure what I'm telling you is good advice, LOL! My husband gave this camera to me as a surprise gift and taking pictures with it has become an addiction. I have had no formal training on how to use it, mainly self taught and tips I have learned by Googling any issues I have had helped immensely. I've yet to find the perfect setting for all action shots when in manual setting and always find the need to make some sort of adjustment because lighting seems to be a huge factor (I prefer cloudy days for picture taking over bright sunny days).

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Thanx much for the tips. I know little about photography but with the Nikon I know I am getting much better pix than before. I believe it probably has the same setting options as yours.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.