JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
She does this often when she's spunky. She go right up to Jack and steal the toy he has in his mouth. Jack's great about it and actually he plays like this with Emma and Wilson, he's taunts and teases them until they play with him. Took some pics too. :)

Ohhhh squeaky nylabone, how I love thee so.....:heart:

If I hide Momma will quit taking picture....:tapfoot:

She's really taken a liking to the Coolaroo too. She's gumming the squeak. :)

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
What kind of exercises do you do to teach them to leave the others alone during play? I just broke up another tiff started by PITA when she went for Vegas's ball. There is no way that either of my two could sit there squeaking that toy in front of the other without the other trying to fight for it.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
What a gentle giant Jack is. Sally looks so proud of herself after she stole the Kong.

Those pictures are too cute for words :havemyheart::havemyheart::heartsign:

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
What kind of exercises do you do to teach them to leave the others alone during play? I just broke up another tiff started by PITA when she went for Vegas's ball. There is no way that either of my two could sit there squeaking that toy in front of the other without the other trying to fight for it.

Rambo and Rocky do the same thing, they leave one another alone, and one sits and chews, while the other just gets another toy and goes on. Maybe I'm wrong in what i'm about to say, but this is how I did it. If dad comes running to the rescue each time they have a squabble, then they will squabble all day long. Dad stays out of their play time, unless its serious, and I've never had serious, because I allow them to hijack toys from each other. Rambo, the Youngest in age, and the youngest established into the house, continues the dominance thing, I allow Rocky to keep dominance by not getting involved, telling myself if it ever gets serious, I'll be right there, but the two growl and bark at each other, Roll on each other, and etc, and even though Rambo keeps trying to hump Rocky, Rocky contuse his dominant lead with my blessing, and Rambo is joining right in. It keeps them both healthy, and they settle everything between themselves, and have never fought from day 1. They are very social with each other, and constantly hijack each others toys, I pretend not to watch, even though I see everything lol and yes Cheryl, I kiss them both on the lips several times a day ! :)

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Rambo and Rocky do the same thing, they leave one another alone, and one sits and chews, while the other just gets another toy and goes on. Maybe I'm wrong in what i'm about to say, but this is how I did it. If dad comes running to the rescue each time they have a squabble, then they will squabble all day long. Dad stays out of their play time, unless its serious, and I've never had serious, because I allow them to hijack toys from each other. Rambo, the Youngest in age, and the youngest established into the house, continues the dominance thing, I allow Rocky to keep dominance by not getting involved, telling myself if it ever gets serious, I'll be right there, but the two growl and bark at each other, Roll on each other, and etc, and even though Rambo keeps trying to hump Rocky, Rocky contuse his dominant lead with my blessing, and Rambo is joining right in. It keeps them both healthy, and they settle everything between themselves, and have never fought from day 1. They are very social with each other, and constantly hijack each others toys, I pretend not to watch, even though I see everything lol and yes Cheryl, I kiss them both on the lips several times a day ! :)

I totally wish I had enough guts to try this. Orion has been a PITA since 4 months old. Vegas is so submissive and baby O is so dominant. If they play with a toy...it's literally a count down until O loses her temper. You can see it..literally you can see the change in her demeanor. Sometimes Orion will let Vegas take something from her, but not very often. She is usually the aggressor. Luckily...the fights never draw blood, not that Orion doesn't try. She will literally jump Vegas by running at him and lunging. Sometimes the force of her tackling him sends him flying. If Vegas wasn't so skinny I don't think I would be as concerned. Orion is heavy, small and very compact. Vegas is tall, lanky and very light weight.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack

Cheryl, the only thing I've done is sorta work with them since they were puppies. I would break up their play purposes so that I could have control of their excitement levels. As far as them playing individually with their toys, I have stood between them countless times when they were younger so that I was in control if one tried to go take the toy. Now I would let them take it too but not all the time. I had to do this with Emma just today since she thinks everything is hers. Just like Dave@casper I sit back and let them play and stop them when I feel it's necessary. Jack and Emma will play together, then Wilson will join in. Wilson and Jack will play together and then Emma will join in. But it's odd, when Wilson and Emma are playing, Jack hangs back and just lets them play. Then sometimes all three of them play together usually in one of the dog beds and Wilson's usually on his back and Jack's body slamming them. Sometimes I hold Emma back so Jack and Wilson can just play without her chasing Jack down and tearing his sides up with her shark teeth as he runs by, lol. That's about it really.

Sally has only taken a toy from Jack but like I said, Jack enticing and teases them all to play, it's pretty funny.

What a gentle giant Jack is. Sally looks so proud of herself after she stole the Kong.

Those pictures are too cute for words :havemyheart::havemyheart::heartsign:
He's always been pretty gentle with them, but he has his moments and can get out of control since he's so strong. His favorite thing to do is grab Wilson's loose skin on his cheeks and pull and bite at them. :eek: That's when he gets a big NO from me.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Awesome, just absolutely awesome.... love how they are so good with each other. Fantastic pictures, Jeannie!!

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
He's always been pretty gentle with them, but he has his moments and can get out of control since he's so strong. His favorite thing to do is grab Wilson's loose skin on his cheeks and pull and bite at them. :eek: That's when he gets a big NO from me.[/QUOTE]

That seems to be what most dogs due to Tubby. I guess its an easy target considering there is always so much of it lol

-What a quoting FAIL

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.