Buckle up!!

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Does your pup wear a seatbelt when traveling? He's not fond of it but I really feel safer with him buckled! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373595038.602573.jpg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have not used one because I just put the bully & boxer in the back. I should get one for Winston...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
OP
Jackieshoes

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
A friend gave me ours, I used to not use anything and one day I was driving with my angel headed for Baton Rouge. I had to slam the brakes and he went booty over head into the floorboard. We got our friend to ship the seatbelt and never ride without it. My heart stopped that minute and I figure anything is better than watching him through the windshield.

But: we could be onto something with the infant carseat! I used something similar for my chihuahua when she was little....
I'm off to research!!!

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
When Dudley was little, I used a crate, but my car isn't large enough to hold a crate that he would be comfortable in, so I do use a harness. He seems to have no problem with it...in fact, he goes crazy when he sees me pick it up because he knows he's going out in the car. I feel better knowing he's not "bouncing" around. :)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I use a crate in our van, I always wanted to get one of those seatbelts but then I read this thread: http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...-Cars-Show-100-Failure-Rate&highlight=Failure

Now I don't know what to think! Anything is obviously better than nothing at all. I wonder if any of my bullies would fit in an infants car seat with a 5 point harness?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

That is so scary, I use a harness on Ftse but maybe I will go and buy a crate now.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
It is a scary thought but it is one of those situations that if it is bad enough something is better than nothing and if it is worst case scenario seat belts, harnesses or crates may not help at all and may actually cause more damage. Right now we use a crate to move Harlea around, but when she gets bigger we will have no choice but to switch her to her harness and restraint system because her big crate will not fit in my wifes car.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
we did with Nitshcke and do with Cheli (most of the time), but we really can't with Banks. She is terrified of the car so the only place she is comfortable is on the floor

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.