Bully walking proud

KarenP

May 3, 2013
PEI
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
Second week of puppy training and she's doing pretty good with her walks. Treats of course are a HUGE help! She's looking pretty proud of herself ;)
Anyone else do the puppy training thing?

20130709_195845.jpg 20130709_195922_5.jpg 2013-07-11 21.05.37-1.jpg

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Oh gosh YES...if it weren't for Dudley's trainer, I don't think I would have been able to keep him. She really saved us!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG Karen!! She is such a doll!!!!!! She's so cute!! Those are great pictures. We did the puppy training thing and it works. She is cute as a button!

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
She really a a cutie! I do training w Brie regularly. She does really well w sit, down n hi-five. The come is still 50/50 unless a treat is around... Lol

OP
KarenP

KarenP

May 3, 2013
PEI
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
Oh gosh YES...if it weren't for Dudley's trainer, I don't think I would have been able to keep him. She really saved us!
What issues were you having? Did you do group or one on one? We're going to petsmart. It's supposed to be a group but it's just me and Mia! Great in some ways but was hoping for more puppy socializing. But the one on one is great :)

OP
KarenP

KarenP

May 3, 2013
PEI
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
She really a a cutie! I do training w Brie regularly. She does really well w sit, down n hi-five. The come is still 50/50 unless a treat is around... Lol

Treats are the only way lol. She's pretty good with all of those things. I'm trying to work with her on stay. But she wants to follow the treat :bang:

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Treats are the only way lol. She's pretty good with all of those things. I'm trying to work with her on stay. But she wants to follow the treat :bang:

Lmao! I gave up on stay temporarily for that same reason! I'll get back to it tho, just need to get myself ready first. Ha ha. With cone, it's funny cos you can see her contemplating...do I really need or want to do that? Meh..ok on my way, or yeah..maybe later mom..but if she even thinks a treat s involved..speed of light!

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
What issues were you having? Did you do group or one on one? We're going to petsmart. It's supposed to be a group but it's just me and Mia! Great in some ways but was hoping for more puppy socializing. But the one on one is great :)

We did one-on-one training. He was young...maybe 12 weeks or so -- but he seemed to love it. He LOVED the trainer. She also works at his vet's and he freaks out when we go in and he hears her voice. And we had homework -- I worked with him pretty much every day. When we started, he would not walk, he was always biting me, he was a terror. Now, the trainer didn't stop the biting, but she showed me things to do and she explained how his jaw would keep growing for about 2 years, etc. I could not say enough wonderful things about her!

OP
KarenP

KarenP

May 3, 2013
PEI
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
We did one-on-one training. He was young...maybe 12 weeks or so -- but he seemed to love it. He LOVED the trainer. She also works at his vet's and he freaks out when we go in and he hears her voice. And we had homework -- I worked with him pretty much every day. When we started, he would not walk, he was always biting me, he was a terror. Now, the trainer didn't stop the biting, but she showed me things to do and she explained how his jaw would keep growing for about 2 years, etc. I could not say enough wonderful things about her!

Biting is a big issue with Mia. Also.. when she gets hyper she literally jumps of the ground (she gets good air lol)and tries to bite my hands/arms. She's ruined a few pairs of my pants with those teeth!:bitching:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Darn cute and proud... as she should be!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.